• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Picked up the NEW tow rig today INTERNATIONAL 4600

zuk-86

So me and my brother just picked up our new tow rig, its a international 4600
we have some big plans for it , were thinking crewcab with a flatbed (already found the crewcab body but have yet to go see it and go talk em down on the price) , then were gonna get some alcoas on it. engine and tranny it has a 7.3 diesel and alison 500 4 speed tranny , thinking of getting a cummins and 5 or 6 speed alison in the near future. :awesomework:

we also picked up that 28ft gooseneck trailer couple weeks ago i couldnt pass on the price never again will i find one at the price i paid

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

its a 1990 , i see your in ellensburg glenn , this truck will spent most of its time in ellensburg area , my brother is actually moviing up there next week

I hope you got it really cheap. I'm not sure how cost effective it will be to do all that swapping. I bought a '93 8100 DT466 10sp in good shape for $4500. Turned it into a water truck and it's been running strong.

I hope you got it really cheap. I'm not sure how cost effective it will be to do all that swapping. I bought a '93 8100 DT466 10sp in good shape for $4500. Turned it into a water truck and it's been running strong.

Yea probably won't be cheap but gotta spend money to make it how ya want it to be . But did I get it for cheap sure did $2800:awesomework:

I have a ISC8.3 in my service truck and love it. It's only 230hp but the low end torque is sweet. I have had trucks with DT466, DT466E, ISB5.9, Cat 3208, 3116, and 3126. The 3126 was brand new w/300hp. The 8.3 is my favorite of the bunch.:awesomework:

Go w/ a 9spd or 10spd though. I have never driven a older truck with an Allison that I liked. (Though I love the one in my p/u).

6spd Fullers are dirt cheap but you always feel like your in the wrong gear when you're loaded.

I've gotta see how much I will have into it first before I can come up with a final price. I decided to pull the head and replace the gasket, get the injectors rebuilt and do a few other things. it's got 470k on it so I wanted to make sure it was in good shape before I sell it. It was in a buddies T6. Ran good when he pulled it a few years ago.