• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pickett SF/ Blackhouse Mtn 4 Wheelin 4 Kids December 8, 2012 Jamestown, TN

Had a great turn out Saturday. Filled a Suburban full of toys. Here are some pics. Will be posting more later tonight.

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Blackhouse Mtn is a cool place to spend a day riding, I had a blast there a couple years ago, been wanting to go again. thumb.gif

THanks to everyone that came out!

We broke up into 2 groups, "easy ridin, and slightly harder ridin"

Harder group had a couple rigs that had radiator issues early on, but we did make it to the car hauler, decided we didin't want to ride the dirt road back out, came back down the hauler and ran the trail "backwards"

I heard Uncle Joe in the lil stock Frontier wasn't afraid to point it up any of the rocks and climbs. Big chunk of the back bumper was gone by the time we headed out after dark!

Thanks for the pics Patrick :dblthumb:

ridered3 said:
Well there was a white YJ and a black CJ7 :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
You posted the pic. Its reply #4 the fourth pic down. looks like the dead end of the ram is hooked to the frame instead of axle.

smurfy90 said:
You posted the pic. Its reply #4 the fourth pic down. looks like the dead end of the ram is hooked to the frame instead of axle.

Gotcha, I thought you were referring to one of the ones from this weekend. That was my CJ7 on its first ride out after I bought it. Re-did the steering setup after that ride since I didn't like that mount and the "custom made" tie rods...

*Hit post too quickly on the phone.

Hey guys great pics- i live in Chapel Hill & would like to check out the trails here....

Anyone mind telling where they are or anyone going anytime soon?

Thanks!

clutchee said:
Hey guys great pics- i live in Chapel Hill & would like to check out the trails here....

Thanks!

Just google map "blackhouse mountain rd Jamestown,tn"

clutchee said:

Thanks!

Here's a Google Map showing the area.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=blackhouse%20mountain%20rd%20Jamestown%2Ctn&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

If you follow "Blackhouse Mountain Road" you can kinda see the main trail running through the area as well as all the offshoots from the main trail. There is always someone riding up there whether its on ATV's bikes, or offroaders. I'm in the Arrington area but wouldn't mind showing you around when you want to go up there since that's close to my hometown.

Mongo44 said:
one of these days i am going to bring my work equipment out there and GPS all the trails and make a map of the joint.

Sounds like a great idea. I'd certainly be interested in a copy of that work!

krackem said:
That place looks awesome to ride is it a off road park or a place you can still wheel for free

It's Pickett state forest.

The local forestry dept is supportive of Offroad riding because it keeps the meth labs and pot farmers off of it.

The trails go up into timber/mining/oil/gas company property in ky. The private company also allows riding for the same reasons. They just post some signs that say "No littering or we'll shut down riding" etc

We've had a couple clean up rides over the past couple years, and it's really made a difference in the attitude of littering/dumping. The trails are exceptionally clean now.

I use to own that red toyota. Never wheeled it, just bought it to trade on. How does it do. I always thought it would be a beast. thumb.gif

taylormade said:
I use to own that red toyota. Never wheeled it, just bought it to trade on. How does it do. I always thought it would be a beast. thumb.gif

From 2012.....good question. It probably has six new owners by now :stir: :popcorn:

taylormade said:

Matt owned it for quite awhile. It wheeled very good. Nice and stable with right amount of tire size to gear reduction. Plus the factory tape deck still worked!

He sold it two+ years ago though if memory serves me right.