• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountian 1-23-2016

ridered3

Not Rigless
Anyone want to go to Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountain on Saturday January 23rd???

The riding area is located outside of Jamestown, TN and as the pictures will show, can be done in all types of weather and all types of vehicles.

Here's a link to some discussions and pictures from some various trips over the years.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=21053.0

If anyone is interested post here and we'll start planning.

I live on the ky side of it. We always called it slickford but its all the same place. I'm glad you posted this. There is no way I can be done by then, I still probably have a couple months worth of work at my slow pace but keep posting when anyone rides out there. I would love to go and meet some of the guys on here, maybe later in the year.

JToyota2 said:
I live on the ky side of it. We always called it slickford but its all the same place. I'm glad you posted this. There is no way I can be done by then, I still probably have a couple months worth of work at my slow pace but keep posting when anyone rides out there. I would love to go and meet some of the guys on here, maybe later in the year.

Glad to hear from you and will keep rides up there posted up when possible. Now that I live near Murfreesboro I don't get up there as often but I know a few folks on here do.

Whereabout in KY are you? I've been through Blackhouse up to Monticello and Albany before but I'd imagine it goes even further North.

I live in Monticello. My wife's family lives right in the area around the sand mines and bald rock but just on the ky side of the line so we do quite a bit of riding out there. There are some decent trails on the opposite side of the blacktop from the sand mines if you know where to go. You can also ride back in the other direction and come out at milsap mountain on hwy 167 that's the same road Pickett park is on but back towards Monticello. There is more riding on the other side of that road too but I'm not familiar with it. But without driving a little ways on blacktop or crossing it that's about all of it.

Re: Re: Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountian 1-23-2016

The Luke said:
Cancelled due to snow-pocalypse
I was just thinking how I'd love to ride Blackhouse tomorrow after this snow, but the chances of actually getting there with the crawler on the trailer would be slim.

I rode there after a big snow one time back in 09 or so, when I had the 78 F150 on 36s. The snow was over hub deep up on the mountain, it was awesome. The snow was deep and heavy enough that you could actually drive on top of it. Pretty cool.

I bet it would be a great time. But you're right, chances of getting there are pretty slim.

Re: Re: Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountian 1-23-2016

TBItoy said:
I was just thinking how I'd love to ride Blackhouse tomorrow after this snow, but the chances of actually getting there with the crawler on the trailer would be slim.

I rode there after a big snow one time back in 09 or so, when I had the 78 F150 on 36s. The snow was over hub deep up on the mountain, it was awesome. The snow was deep and heavy enough that you could actually drive on top of it. Pretty cool.

Yesterday I drove from Murfreesboro area to Cookeville up Livingston Mountain (wrecks all over I40), to Jamestown, down to Mt. Helen to get the Jeep from a buddies and back into Jamestown.

Nearly a foot of snow on most roads and side roads impassable. Figured I'd already pushed my luck just getting here so no need to push it further with trail riding. So instead will be tooling around the roads just for fun.

Looking to make a trip up there pretty soon. Is there any type of map or info on this place? Also, where is the best place to dump your trailer?
I've not been back up there in a few years. If you FaceSpace, there's a group called "Pickett Riders Group". They have updated info on where to park, maps, local lodgings, etc.

@DrankinInTheWoods Any luck finding additional info?

There is Laurel Creek Campground and Blackhouse Mountain ATV Campground both really close to the main entrance. Both offer camping (obviously) as well as trailer parking.

@DrankinInTheWoods Any luck finding additional info?

There is Laurel Creek Campground and Blackhouse Mountain ATV Campground both really close to the main entrance. Both offer camping (obviously) as well as trailer parking.

Yeah, going to rent a cabin at Laurel Creek... Trying to plan something around late April. I'll keep this updated if anyone wants to join.