• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pickup the Burn, Success!

AMAZING Turnout! I can't wait to see it officially open for wheeling. Great job to all the organized this event and all that volunteered their time for this. Events like this show the DNR we mean business!

Good job guys. :awesomework: It's sad to see that much trash at a place like this, but I bet it felt good to get it all out of there.

Nice turn out! I cant believe people dump boats up there. The work done today, keeps the trails opens in the future.:awesomework:

rock on nice work.:awesomework:

2 boats? wtf?

you should find the license numbers on the boats, contact the DOL and see if you can find who theyre registered to... then call them and tell them you found their boat(s)!! hahaha

Back to the boats and burned out Cherokee. How did they get them on the trailer? I saw how they came off, but on? Especially with the Cherokee on top of one of the boats.

I didn't notice, did the trailer have a winch on it?

Good job guys. :awesomework: It's sad to see that much trash at a place like this, but I bet it felt good to get it all out of there.

More than likely a huge accumulation over the years its been closed----we've got the same issue up here at North Fork; since closed the old staging area is just a huge shooting pit/dumping grounds...<-----Sucks Balls...

Back to the boats and burned out Cherokee. How did they get them on the trailer? I saw how they came off, but on? Especially with the Cherokee on top of one of the boats.

This is SW Washington, NE of Vancouver, in the western section of the Yacolt Burn State Forest, wait for it..... SE of Yacolt.

That trailer doesn't have a winch. I don't know how the boats came in, I was in a group that made a loop to the far northern area that DNR had marked. They were talking about them in the morning, I suspect they sent a smaller trailer and a winch then brought them back to the staging area and transfered them.

There are more hulks out there that need retrieved. The Pickup the Burn is in it's 7th year, so that was only a year's accumulation. OTOH, the group that has been outh there to pick up has grown significantly over that time. The attendance last year was 75, the year before only 25 (still a good sized group). I suspect that the effort and progress to get trails built in the area has helped the attendance.

At the Piston's Wild Cruise in yesterday they had 90 registered vehicles and 350 people in attendance. I got stuck on another project and missed it.

This...

It was quite a site to see that coming down the hill behind the dually. We where doing repairs on one of the vehicles when that train came around the corner at the top of the pass. I couldn't believe it!