• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your first rig (bootyfab confessions)

The hardline bootyfab thread is to nice for my junk :****: The sets of tires on some of these rigs are worth more then my entire pos

1st real rig. Bought an 80 Toyota pickup with a blown engine for a couple hundred bucks, got a 20r out of a barn for cheap, slapped that thing in there, welded the rear and took it to Harlan back in 07ish on some 32x11.50 Dueler MT's.
1st%20Gen_zpsyaup8cro.jpg

Eventually it got stock 2.23 duals, flatbelly, Aussie locker in the front, 33 TSL's in the front and 33 Boggers out back.
BnB.jpg

Finally it died one day at a local spot. Came out on a strap. Would turn over but NEVER fire again no matter what I changed on it so I sold it for parts. The whole thing minus the engine swap was built in a carport with a 115v flux core welder and a grinder. The tailgate had been shot with a Desert Eagle .50cal when I got it and it had been wrecked.

I never progressed, I still wheel a shitbeat Toyota. Except now I have fuel injection, a cage and 38's.

5e143e341e4e699b0ac706abade6077e.jpg

What' she started as basically stock after I built back half of the frame on 36's welded rear. My first welding I had ever done was all on this truck

Escalated quickly to this about a year later
6bbe71cc9138037897c477de1e554285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll play. 79 K5. Started as a free truck. Eventually got turned into a buggy.
10K Hydraulic winch off a grabage truck... running off a Briggs powered hydraulic unit (under the tarp in the back)
Stove grates for guards over the headlights.
Built up 350 with pete jackson noisy cut gear drive. ::)
10bolt/ 14bSF - Welded. Angry.

My ranger is the poster child for booty fab. Damn thing was slapped together to be a temporary wheeler while I built my next buggy. Umm, that was over 3 years ago. The link tabs and **** are way too thin. I used what was laying around as to not spend much money on the build. Everything about it was left over or bought on the cheap. Most of the steel was donated by 5 bros because the place he worked ****ed up and had them made too thin. Nothing stays where its supposed to. I guess that's par for the course though, the ranger frame is made from playdough or some weak ass ****. I just bend **** back together and weld more **** on it to brace it. I can actually do quality fab work when I want to, the ranger is not an example. Ill take some pics of said booty fab later today.

No pics, first body fab was before the digital age and didn't realize I was booty gabbing at the time. However, I may or may not have build a set of rock sliders/step from 14 gauge square tube for the old jeep..........ps, they didn't last long......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive been a mud dobber my whole life until the first of this year so I had tons of bootyfab **** but no pics. nwflyj has pics of the :JRich: rigged **** on my jeep right now. if your going to the bounty hill at boggs tomorrow you can see it in person.

Not many people can say they went full on booty fab 4 wheel independent suspension with their first build. Of course I totally destroyed it in one day at Grey Rock, ha.

102_0241.jpg

102_0240.jpg

One of the few pics I have of my first rig. We were half way done with the one ton swap when I had to leave town. Told my buddies if they finished it, I would buy their beer at grey rock. Went to grey rock with no rear shocks and my tie rod feel off at the bottom of the hill near tub rock. Over all a successful trip.

Wish I could find pics of my old creek trucks, like 98-02 or so. Lots of hack **** just to get to the creek one more time.
Then my blacksheep. I wish I'd documented some of the terrible terrible things I did on that unit. I think its still rolling around Mississippi. I got a text of it at a ride like a year and a half ago.
Tractor links, free coils, all scrap iron/pipe I traded for/remnants all hacked together with lots of filler (learned to bend on it)
disney9.jpg

first outing, no time for a cage, anything more than lap belts, brakes that functioned, etc. Was still welding on it as we were loading it. Wonder we didn't die that night, throttle stuck going up a big hill, rammed into the guy in front of me, hit reverse, hit kill switch, rocketed down the hill backwards, brakes pretty much had nothing for the inertia, luckily we hit a tree 100' or so later and wadded the frame up into the cab. Probably didnt' have belts on. Just a dumb kid farmer from flat land on a hill for the first time :drinkers: dumb as ****.
She was a good'n though
sheepcrashed-1.jpg

100_0866.jpg

blacksheep10 said:
Wish I could find pics of my old creek trucks, like 98-02 or so. Lots of hack **** just to get to the creek one more time.
Then my blacksheep. I wish I'd documented some of the terrible terrible things I did on that unit. I think its still rolling around Mississippi. I got a text of it at a ride like a year and a half ago.
Tractor links, free coils, all scrap iron/pipe I traded for/remnants all hacked together with lots of filler (learned to bend on it)
disney9.jpg

first outing, no time for a cage, anything more than lap belts, brakes that functioned, etc. Was still welding on it as we were loading it. Wonder we didn't die that night, throttle stuck going up a big hill, rammed into the guy in front of me, hit reverse, hit kill switch, rocketed down the hill backwards, brakes pretty much had nothing for the inertia, luckily we hit a tree 100' or so later and wadded the frame up into the cab. Probably didnt' have belts on. Just a dumb kid farmer from flat land on a hill for the first time :drinkers: dumb as ****.
She was a good'n though
sheepcrashed-1.jpg

100_0866.jpg

The old Blacksheep was awesome! I kinda wish I woulda kept it!
0925001548a1.jpg