• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics/Vids of 4 cyl. WOOPOW and some awesome crawling!!!

Re: Re: Re: Pics/Vids of 4 cyl. WOOPOW and some awesome crawling!!!

drycreekjeep said:
those sticky bfg tires work really good!!!
True story! I need to replace my Iroks very soon and I wanna set of stickies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Re: Pics/Vids of 4 cyl. WOOPOW and some awesome creek crawling!!!

TacomaJD said:
Well, yeah the ones that were not broke went up Everest lol. I bound my front right tire up in an undercut at the bottom and snapped something in my front end. Pretty sure it's an inner shaft. I've been up Everest multiple times, especially the bottom, I got so much clearance, I can crawl the bottom easy, so it royally pissed me off when it snapped. Just a bad line and too many :drinkers:

Listen to that loud ass snap! :****:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNH5lIQtPX0

I broke an inner in the same spot last weekend. I can hear the pop in my video as well haha.

tallnate said:
I broke an inner in the same spot last weekend. I can hear the pop in my video as well haha.

Hell yeah man, that's a bad place to bind up a tire. Pissed me off bc I've never had a problem going up that part...must've just been a little off from the line I usually take. I felt it binding, but figured it would pull up it. I will be letting off and starting over next time :****:

TacomaJD said:
Hell yeah man, that's a bad place to bind up a tire. Pissed me off bc I've never had a problem going up that part...must've just been a little off from the line I usually take. I felt it binding, but figured it would pull up it. I will be letting off and starting over next time :****:

Yep for sure. Unfortunately I'm cursed with that "gotta upgrade if you break" mentality so I went and ordered some RCV's. That took a nice little chunk out of the bank acct. Looking forward to getting back to that corner of the world and hitting it again.

Was glad to ride with all of you, my grandson Kaleb and myself had a great time. The yellow buggy with me was David Scott, don't know where the name Steve came from, but no problem, we all had a blast.

Until next time, thanks for the invite Daniel, the kind words and pictures everyone.

poppy said:
Was glad to ride with all of you, my grandson Kaleb and myself had a great time. The yellow buggy with me was David Scott, don't know where the name Steve came from, but no problem, we all had a blast.

Until next time, thanks for the invite Daniel, the kind words and pictures everyone.

Lol the name mix up is funny, way to go Mo.... molaugh I didn't know the yellow buggy guy's name, I don't think I ever actually heard him speak. Maybe my radio was too loud molaugh :dunno:

Scott, Steve.... Close enough! molaugh
I could have sworn I heard right. Glad y'all came out JT, finally heard your rig off of idle!

Yeah had a great time even if it was mainly behind a camera....Glad to meet some more Hardline peoples.

traveler said:
well its been about the same for him to so who knows .that spot will still make most nervous today

the only thing known for sure is that an old school bronco buggy hasn't been to the top :flipoff1: - get that thing finished i wanna hear that Ford eat :eat:

and Matlock next time you guys head up there let me know - I need some more :driving: lessons

Rokcrler said:
Scott, Steve.... Close enough! molaugh
I could have sworn I heard right. Glad y'all came out JT, finally heard your rig off of idle!

I didn't think JT's rig even had a gas pedal in it, dang thing just climbs at idle where most have to raise hell

onetoncrawler said:
the only thing known for sure is that an old school bronco buggy hasn't been to the top :flipoff1: - get that thing finished i wanna hear that Ford eat :eat:

and Matlock next time you guys head up there let me know - I need some more :driving: lessons

I'm sure he will flatfoot it on high side loller.gif

I can't afford to pay for any more lessons ;D. We will head up there soon, I'll let ya know :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Pics/Vids of 4 cyl. WOOPOW and some awesome crawling!!!

30 spline D60 + 39 Reds =
8a3ymybu.jpg

Guarantee mine looks just like that! Least yours was on the rear and easy to swap! molaugh That a factory shaft or chromo?

sastoy said:
So what broke, JD?

No idea, sumbitch is still on the trailer gettin rained on. I ran out of propane while we were riding, switched to my reserve tank (grill bottle), and apparently ran it nearly empty and I guess leaving the valve on let the rest leak out or something. Tank is too empty to crank to even back it off the trailer. Gotta go fill the tank tomorrow and get it unloaded. Probably won't go to Gray Rock this weekend, so I'll be wrenching for sure.

Re:

It was a stock shaft.
Got a spare so a bit of cleaning the tubes and slap the shafts in. Checking on upgrades

TacomaJD said:
No idea, sumbitch is still on the trailer gettin rained on. I ran out of propane while we were riding, switched to my reserve tank (grill bottle), and apparently ran it nearly empty and I guess leaving the valve on let the rest leak out or something. Tank is too empty to crank to even back it off the trailer. Gotta go fill the tank tomorrow and get it unloaded. Probably won't go to Gray Rock this weekend, so I'll be wrenching for sure.

Let us know when you find out. If its a Long i might cry :****: You are running cromo inner and outers right?

sastoy said:
Let us know when you find out. If its a Long i might cry :****: You are running cromo inner and outers right?

Yes, but I am unsure if they are the 27 spline or newer 30 spline. You running FJ80 front also?