• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

plasma cutters

!ton327

Anybody have or use a Esab power cut 700 that could offer advise? My girlfreinds brother has a guy at his work that is selling it, it has about 10 hours on it, my one buddy says they are expensive and consumables and parts are hard to get and says to just buy a hypertherm 45 becuase thats all he uses at work. Ive got the loot for the esab but not to sure about the other one yet.

:beer:

How often are you going to be using it? I have one of the 3 in 1 tig/stick/plasma machine I picked up off of ebay for around $500. Thing works great. for my needs I don't need an expensive plasma cutter. Im a weekend warrior in the garage. Occasionally I have a project that requires me to use my plasma cutter. I have it wired up to 220 and it cuts 1/4" like butter. But if you're going to be using it all the time, everyday, I'd go with the Hypertherm.

How often are you going to be using it? I have one of the 3 in 1 tig/stick/plasma machine I picked up off of ebay for around $500. Thing works great. for my needs I don't need an expensive plasma cutter. Im a weekend warrior in the garage. Occasionally I have a project that requires me to use my plasma cutter. I have it wired up to 220 and it cuts 1/4" like butter. But if you're going to be using it all the time, everyday, I'd go with the Hypertherm.

Think i got the same one as you jon iam very happy of its performance and price,have had it for a little over a yr it kicks ass I wouldnt even sell it for what i paid for it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIMADRE-CT5200D-3IN1-MACHINE-200A-WELDER-50A-CUTTER-COMPLETE-PACKAGE-/111020137762?pt=BI_Welders&hash=item19d950dd22

It wouldn't get used everyday just here and there or just some random use, I really don't need a 3&1 machine I've got got a 240vlt mig and I don't plan to tig
I talked with her brother he said it been used maybey 8 hrs. I could get it for about 800 it's in mint condition.

Remember The one I used to cut out the big white buffalo **** ?:haha: that cost me about 500 shipped off of ebay. And even on 110 it cuts 1/4 like a goose shitting on your lawn.slow and smooth.
:fawkdancesmiley:
cheers

I have an ESAB machine.

I had to get an ESAB parts machine to keep it running.

I hate it. I dont use it because I hate it.

Its like the nissan of the plazma world, hard to get parts for, different, EXPENSIVE, folks cant wait to unload it to get the toyota of the plazma world (hypertherm)

Ill sell ya a nice low hours ESAB with a parts machine for $500. :D

I had an ESAB handy Plas550...for about 6 mo..Bought it at the swap meet for 200, working--used it for about 6 months, and the thing blew the main breaker on my shop and has never worked again...Buddy took it to ESAB in Spokane, and the main board is junk---Too expensive to fix. The consumables were expensive as stated before. Save the dough and buy a Hypertherm when you can do it IF you must have a plas...OR just do as Choppy says and get good with a torch! :redneck:

Thanks for the input guys, I already bought it so will see when the esad goes goes bad. I've used torches plenty of times and I'm already glad I bought it.