• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

plastic material for buggy skins

hunter1

I was wondering if anybody out there knows of were I could purchase some plastic material for my truggy to use as side skins. I'm looking for some ideas. Hopefully a shop somewhere locally.

so as previously noted im dumb....where that heck are the plastic panels on the speedway site?

I'm no really sure, all I found was the rolls that were 1/8 thick and 22" wide. so I think that was it. Is there anywere locally to buy plastic?

That's what I use on mine. Easy to cut and durable enough. You can also go to any "plastic place" (Taps Plastics in Bellevue is one) and get 4'X4' sheets of Lexan if you want it clear.

Hey, thanks for the link, guys. :redneck: :awesomework: I think I will order some to use as inner fenders for my mud racer. you guys kick ass!

I only run polycarb on my pannels so they dont break or shatter. Go to portplastics i think theirs is like $36.00 for 4x8 sheet of .095. The .095 doesnt disform in the sun and hold up great. Also a jigsaw cuts it perfect and it leaves a good cut.

I just went on there site. which kind of polycarb do you run, there was so many to choose from. Also is it paintable?

I just went on there site. which kind of polycarb do you run, there was so many to choose from. Also is it paintable?

Crap i got it out in the shop... Ill try to get the part number. Yeah its paintable! I paint mine on the inside that way it doesnt scratch off and a shitty painter can hide any blemishes. PS i am the shittest painter

heres the stupidest question of the week.

How bad does Lexan scratch when subjected to mud/dirt/sand ?

sorry for jumping off topic... just hadda

heres the stupidest question of the week.

How bad does Lexan scratch when subjected to mud/dirt/sand ?

sorry for jumping off topic... just hadda

Hypothetically, I would assume it wouldn't stay pretty for more than a year or so of good wheelin...

Latest posts