• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Please Help NO HEAT Blower works

CrawlHer

ok guys i need help with this one. My problem is when i turn my heater on and my 95 ZJ is at operating temp i get no heat at all. blower works great just no freakin heat. i reently replaced the thermostat, radiator, water pump, fan clutch and flushed my heater core. it doesnt overheat at all. when i flushed my heater core the water came out clear. when i was installing the new radiator i went ahead and removed the ac condensor since i dont use the ac and i didnt want to pay to recharge it. would this have something to do with my problem? i just left the ac lines open and i moved them out of harms way.

please help i have a wheeling trip on saturday in the snow and want heat LOL

Thanks everyone
CRAWLHER

if it helps i have a 95 ZJ 5.2l limited

yea i can switch from defrost to floor to vents on dash no problem. i just have no heat. also i see no codes on my VIC (vehicle info center) or it doesnt give me any warning.

You have an air pocket stuck in the system which is probably getting stuck in your heater core. Which = no heat.

Who has had the pleasure of doing one of those heater cores? Ive seena few done at Havliks radiator, Interesting little job.

blend door working?

yea i can switch from defrost to floor to vents on dash no problem. i just have no heat. also i see no codes on my VIC (vehicle info center) or it doesnt give me any warning.
Wrong door....There's actually two actuators, one for mode (dash, vent, floor, etc...), and one for the blend door (which mixes hot/cold air depending on the command from the heater control head)
is there any easy way to check if they work?
Listen for the actuator to work...the heat actuator IIRc is right on the bottom of the air box in the middle....can be changed without pulling the whole box, but not alot of room...not much fun...The vehicle info system will not communicate with the heater control system in a 95 IIRC...

Who has had the pleasure of doing one of those heater cores? Ive seena few done at Havliks radiator, Interesting little job.
Actually done quite a few, as well as evap cores (Buy OEM's, the aftermarkets will NOT fit...)....Not too bad of job once you do a couple...

You have an air pocket stuck in the system which is probably getting stuck in your heater core. Which = no heat.

X2 on air pocket somewhere.
Possibly this....did the no heat thing start since replacing the Stat???

no its been going on for a while now. do you have any pics of this blend door or a description of its location. i want to tear into it tomorrow. i have a feeling it might be the blend door.

no its been going on for a while now. do you have any pics of this blend door or a description of its location. i want to tear into it tomorrow. i have a feeling it might be the blend door.
It's snot actuallly the door itself, but the actuator that I have seen fail from time to time...it's a little square box with a little 6 wire (or 8--can't remember!) connector on it...location is right under and behind the vehicle info center screen... you have to be a contortionist to see it.:D

BEFORE you tear into the dash...one quick thing to check. Start the rig, and run it up to operating temp---drive it for a few miles if you need to...pop the hood... with the vehicle idling at operating temp, are both heater hoses hot that go to the heater core???

thanks kevin. last time i checked they were both hot. but ill recheck again tomorrow once i start checking thing out.

Go to the junkyard and look at a heater in another ZJ of similar year to see where the blend door is. I have pushed a couple open to allow heat (different vehicles) by finding out what works what and using zipties to keep them engaged till springtime.

Is your heater core clogged up?

Sure you can run water through it, but only one of the tubes might be open allowing you to just run a little bit of water through it. Not enough to make heat.

Does this zj have manual hvac controls or climate control. If it has climate control it has the capability of self diagnostics. cant copy and past from mitchell so you will have to look up the procedure elsewhere. Too much info and I type too slow

well turns out that my heater inlet hose is hot just like the radiator hoses and the outlet is cold at the firewall.

Does this mean my heater core is clogged and needs replaced?

or is there a way to unclog it without removeing the dash?

Thanks
CrawlHer

well turns out that my heater inlet hose is hot just like the radiator hoses and the outlet is cold at the firewall.

Does this mean my heater core is clogged and needs replaced?

or is there a way to unclog it without removeing the dash?

Thanks
CrawlHer

Probably does mean your heater core is clogged.
You can buy a flush kit, which is nothing more than a garden-hose adapter, that you use water pressure to blow out the clog.
This *might* clear your clog, *might* not clear your clog, and *might* cause a huge leak, dumping water and antifreeze on your passanger floorboards.

But it's worth a try.

If it doesn't work, just use the same adapter to connect the two ends of the heater hose together, thus bypassing the heater core entirely.

This will buy you the time neccessary to purchasing and installing a new heater core.

Good luck
T

thanks for the hel pbut i need heat since iam going wheeling this weekend in the snow and i want heat lol. i might just bite the bullet and try and do it before saturday.

thanks for the hel pbut i need heat since iam going wheeling this weekend in the snow and i want heat lol. i might just bite the bullet and try and do it before saturday.
Dear CrwlHer;
Just borrow Crash's pellet heater, install it in the back, and every time you are feeling a bit chilly, throw a handful of pellets in that bad boy! Problem solved!
Your friend;
LAMAR