• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Polaris 2-Stroke Help

Not Jobless

Mr Funbags
I have this 400cc 2 stroke liquid cooled Polaris quad...it started running like ass during the cold weather we had, no power, will not run w/o choke, nothing but white smoke. Coolant looks good, no oil.

It's the oil/gas system with the two seperate tanks that mixes the oil with the fuel up by the intake manifiold.

It's been suggested that I bypass the oil pump setup but before I do does the oil pump located on the front of the motor doing anything other than simply pump 2-storke oil to the manifold? No other function?

The reason your told to delete the oil pump, is on older quads, they were prone to fail. You ended up with pure gas, no oil, and you burned up your bearings in the crankcase from lack of lube. Deleting the pump, and using pre-mix solved it.

Your oil pump shouldnt have any other function. There is no oil in the crankcase (other than the mix), and the transmission should be self contained.

Lots of white smoke sounds like too much oil and not enough fuel. I would look into cleaning the carb out. This new gasoline has lots of ethanol in it, which attracts water and fouls carbs.

You've probably fouled the plug by now too. On my old banshee, I could change plugs after just a couple rides if my mix wasnt right.