• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Poll for granny 4 or th350

Use a line lock and go 4 all the way if you don't do hard core rock bouncing. If you do hard core rock bouncing and will need reverse in a hurry Auto.

If you've got the woo pow go with the auto if not def the 4spd plus with the 4spd u don't hafto have a 538 to crawl you can get away with running 411 gears!

We just took the th350 out of my buggy and put in an sm465. For me I am more comfortable driving a stick shift but that's personal preference really.

after building/wheeling both (not high hp buggys)

Trail riding/booze cruise = auto

Rock Crawling = stick (with lots of gear reduction)

Hill climbing/rock bouncing = auto

I find that I prefer a manual in a crawler and 90% of the time on the trail, because it forces you to maintain momentum, i.e no crawl a rock-stop- crawl a rock- stop

If I'm driving an auto, I either want hammer down on it constantly and take advantage of the quick shifting...

if you we're out west in the 30 grit rocks and had some crazy gear reduction or quadruple transfercases then sure manual but for the wheel'n in the SE gotta go AUTO all the way. sure you gotta spend a little money to make them right but it's worth it for the ease and quick shifting.

I'm surprised no one has tried a Nash 5 speed or something like one, if you had the power it would make a Buggie feel like a hot rod. But if you've got power a auto is The way. I like sticks but just seems easier to drive autos

Buggy has a 350 - never had any problems. CJ has a 465 - several problems with is and not as fun (I do like to go fast some times). Got all the parts to swap to 350

Latest posts