• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Popo at evans

According to the map, anything up hill of the campground is "road to trails" program, which means anything is legal (quads, bikes, etc.). If you want to skip the entrance, there are two way sin that don't go through the "main entrance. First, the lower entrance where 120 breaks off, you could take that to 102 and run it up into the park, but its kinda tight. Second, past the one-lane bridge where you "Y" to the right, go left and follow that past the town of Hucklechuck. There is the gravel road to the right (look on a map) that brings you in the very back side of the park up near where 519 ends. If the cop sits in the main lot, He'd never see you come/go unless you were around the campground/bottom of 311 area. Just my .02

Brent:D

Jobless said:
I remember this shizzy from the past couple of years...I love it, people getting what they deserve :cool:

This is true, you dont want to be legal, dont drive on the roads, or dont bitch about paying the price. Simple.

lilyota said:
My brother got a ticket for lights on above 42" he had his kc on the trails and shut them off when he saw the other car aka poppo but it was too late he also gave him a seatbelt ticket

The law that was quoted was for headlights, not KC, or any other "lights".
The laws state that any lights mounted at the height or higher then headlights have to be covered when on any road.

Jobless said:
How do you explain them getting a ticket because their vehicle is not LEGAL to be driven on the street...bad karma?

Gravel roads are different than the street wang chong!!!! They are pulling people over for driving the gravel roads. You would do the same to get from trail to trail at evans so keep you Ritzy mouth shut. This doesnt concern you!!! I like you kinda Brad but this isnt your neck of the woods!!!!!:flipoff:

Hate to burst your bubble, but some of those are state and some of those are federal roads.

So, you are breaking the law on the roads. The trails are roads too. All the "rules of the road" apply on the trails just as much as they would on I-5.

If you are breaking the law, and get caught. It is your fault. Don't blame the cops, just take it to the judge. Police bashing pisses me off to no end.

Not to be a bandwagon jumper or anything, but if your rig isn't street legal and you get a ticket, suck it up. It doesn't matter much where you got the ticket or what the offense was, if it's a law, it's a law.... I drive mine around all the time with semi-illegal equipment (cracked windshields, no mudflaps, fender flare width deficiencies, etc), but I'm prepared to pay the ticket or fix it and have it signed off on if it comes to it.

I could seriously see myself getting the same kind of ticket driving my rig up there. I know it's the law, but damn it stings when you get dinged outside of a designated ORV area that any normal LEO would not even look twice at on a paved road in town (fender flare width, lights, mudflaps, etc).

On the other hand, I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who get busted for stupid stuff like not wearing a seatbelt or having an open container, just because it's a gravel road. I see it all the time over here with the big truck crowd... thinking they're invincible once they leave the pavement, and it just ain't true.

Then theres the BIG sign right as you enter the park that says all ORVs must be street legal to operate of FS roads. Seems to me anyone smart enough to drive should be able to read and comprehend the sign:rolleyes: I for one am glad the sheriffs there, it has REALLY cut down on the partiers and vandalism in the park not to mention weeding out th yahoos who cant read:rolleyes:

I still want to know what the laws actually are?

-Headlight height?
-Tire size to chassis?
-Bumper height/requirement?
-Frame height?
-How much tire can stick out of the fender?
-Noise level?
-Vehicle color requirement?

We have some laws down here too, but nothin like this BS. I understand htat there are laws, but if their here to "protect and serve"? Then why don't they get the ones with no brake lights or brakes art all? bald tires? regardless of size. I guarentee my Jeep is safer then 75% of the POS vehicles on the anywhere.

Why don't they hang out outside of bars at closing tiome to get DUI arrests? They can't cos of entrapment or something? So why can they hang out at an ORV area to nail people for piddly ass NON-safety related vehicle requirements?

I ain't draggin my junk up there next summer just get a bunch of frickin BS fines. Mines legal here.....

Pony-boy said:
:flipoff:
Well isn't that a ****ed way to look at it

:wtf: way i look at it also... if you want to play the game you should know the rules and everyone here knows the rules. deal with it.

if your rig is not legal and you drive it on the street/road expect a ticket.

Brian H said:
Gravel roads are different than the street wang chong!!!! They are pulling people over for driving the gravel roads. You would do the same to get from trail to trail at evans so keep you Ritzy mouth shut. This doesnt concern you!!! I like you kinda Brad but this isnt your neck of the woods!!!!!:flipoff:

Actually Brian, I had a long conversation with the Pierce County Sherrif that was ticketing people that day I was down there as I unloaded my ORV only licensed vehicle from the trailer.

He was ticketing people who did drive up the dirt road to the entrance to the 311 trail head but, he was making it more than clear that they drove their non-legal vehicle on the street to get them there...that's what he was ticketing them for.

Sorry Brian, but I know exactly what I am talking about because instead of just running my mouth I make it a point to stay well informed :flipoff:

I agree with Brad, they are just enforcing rules that already exist. If you want to avoid it, take the 102 in or the back road. We had our Meet and Greet event up there a few weeks ago and AFAIK, no-one was hassled up there for anything.

In case you want to know what they are probably looking for, here's some info:

wsp1.jpg

wsp2.jpg

wsp3.jpg

wsp4.jpg

Well it looks as if I don't comply with these laws;
-Bumper height per GVW, What I do have is way higher then the 4501-7500 GVW requirement.
-Tires stick out too far, Even if I put on the max. allowable flares. **
-No front License plate, not required here
-No wipers, again Not required in the DESERT?
-Fenders that don't reach the center of the axle.

**I'm curious what you YJ/TJ guys are doing about this with aftermarket wheels? the factory flares are the state min allowable but if you put 3.5" BS wheels on thte tread will be sticking out from the flares.

Ironically, all of these issues will be covered except teh bumper and front license plate AFTER my trip to Washington, cos I don't want to trash the new body at Rim Rock.

I totally understand these laws if your cruisin down 410 or 167 on a rainy day and the spray is outrageous off your rig, but hangin out at an ORV area to pad your stats? what a bunch of crap, Again do they hang out at the bars at closing time too?

Edit; thanks alot guys for the links to the laws. Others will benefit more then me, but now I know I prolly won't be bringin the turd up there.

SysWillys said:
I totally understand these laws if your cruisin down 410 or 167 on a rainy day and the spray is outrageous off your rig, but hangin out at an ORV area to pad your stats? what a bunch of crap, Again do they hang out at the bars at closing time too?

Yeah, this is the part that gets me. If a cop didnt write enough tickets for the month he can just go fawk with the wheelers...

Hey Sys, when you make it up here maybe we should go hang outside a cop station with a tape measure. Make sure they are EXACTLY 25 feet or more away from any entrance while smoking a cig...

fawk with the wheelers...or just enforcing the laws :rolleyes:

You all cry like a bunch of kindergardners that didn't get your afternoon nap.

Grow up & show some responsability.

You know what the laws are and it's your responsability to ensure that you and your vehicle comply with them

I wish more sniffling little biatches would get pulled over...maybe then the trails at Reiter wouldn't be crammed with broke ass **** boxes blocking the trails & uglying the place up.

:corn:

Last edited:
Wow those are some strict laws 90% of the vehicles on this site are not street legal in one way or another. I lived in AZ for 10 years before moving back home and never ran into the sherif out wheeling its becuase they have very min patrol down there but I got few tickets for mud flaps on the roads driving home.

The wheeling up here is way better though glad im back.

Sorry to hear about your back Brian,I just had reconstructed knee surgry 2 months ago so I feel your pain in dealing with state on L&I they are tight the funds for poeple that realy need it they wouldn't even give me unemployement for the 3 months i have been out work. Thank god for the local 32 union im in they saved me from loosing stuff with the disabilty pay.

Last edited:

Latest posts