• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Popo at evans

One thing, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned or not. Not all laws will apply to us guys in the older rigs. My 63 scout came without seat belts, for example. Atleast in oregon, they cant site you if it wasnt required at the time of manufacturing. Not that i didnt put belts in, im just saying its possible to fight it.

What you need to do is sit there and take the ticket like a man, yes, even you crash:D . Then go home, do some research, and find out what applys and what doesnt. then send the check for what is actually a violation.

Some of you willy's guys have it real good. No bumper laws until the 70's, etc... Some stuff you cant escape like flaps and flares but the mechanical stuff is different.

YoMamasTaco said:
evans is known as a special use area that alows for ORV use.

It doesn't matter if it is known by the general public as an ORV area...if the CFR's call it an old growth owl preserve, then those are the rules the FS must abide by.

Went out to Evan's last night for some midnight body work and was stopped on the dirt road by Deaputy Dan Hudson at 900p. I know my truck has a few violations and I won't be able to buy a trailer until January but still drive it on the road. Out of the 5 violation he walked me through he wrote me a ticket for one at $101.

He told me they had some grant money for the patrol of the area and have been out there everyday since April. He also said they will be out there all next year too.

He also got a friend of mine later that night for $295.

So where are these guys parking and watching for us? Is it before the Carbon river bridge or after it, after the "Y" to Mowich Lake?

heep70 said:
So where are these guys parking and watching for us? Is it before the Carbon river bridge or after it, after the "Y" to Mowich Lake?

He got me between the Y to Mowich and the entance of Evan's Creek. I was headed up and he was headed down. When I got next to him he asked me to pull over up at the wide spot because he "wanted to talk about my truck".

Does anyone know the back way in? AT the "Y" after the bridge stay left towards Ipsut Creek campground. Past the town of Hucklechuck there is a road to the right which takes you into the lower part of Evans creek. If the cops are at the main entrance, they'd never see you come in the park.

83yota said:
Does anyone know the back way in? AT the "Y" after the bridge stay left towards Ipsut Creek campground. Past the town of Hucklechuck there is a road to the right which takes you into the lower part of Evans creek. If the cops are at the main entrance, they'd never see you come in the park.

I took this way out of Evens a few weeks back. Didn't see any popo on the way out, but it was raining like hell.

I am sure they will catch on soon enough.

I agree with LAMAR on a lot of his points. Why would I not ever get pulled over daily driving my truck 110 miles a day for 3 years on major highways. It isn't like I haven't driven past an officer or 2 during my commute. I have never been pulled over for equipment violations in all that time. If I take my truck to Evans at this point I will be pulled over & ticketed. Harassment, selective enforcement, a way to close Evans? I would be interested to know what exactly the agenda is, because there obviously is one. This is flat out bullshit and reeks of profiling.
Just my humble opinion.

GRNTACO said:
He got me between the Y to Mowich and the entance of Evan's Creek. I was headed up and he was headed down. When I got next to him he asked me to pull over up at the wide spot because he "wanted to talk about my truck".

Where else have people been pulled over on the way to and from Evans?

83yota said:
Can't park trailers there. We had a mixed group, some trailered some not so that wouldn't have worked for us.

notstock said:
I would be interested to know what exactly the agenda is, because there obviously is one. This is flat out bullshit and reeks of profiling.
Just my humble opinion.

After listening to him ramble about vehicle codes he did say and I quote "we are going to clean this area up" Not sure what that meant.

GRNTACO said:
After listening to him ramble about vehicle codes he did say and I quote "we are going to clean this area up" Not sure what that meant.

'prolly somehting like ....get rid of all you redneck 4wheelers. :haha:

GRNTACO said:

I am glad they are cleaning it up, bumper height is a very serious problem that we are having these days, and it all starts so innocently, one day you decide to raise your bumper, next thing you know you are selling crack in T-town. Really the popo's have to start somewhere, why start with crime when you can help out the Sierra Club.

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:
Jaydog said:
I am glad they are cleaning it up, bumper height is a very serious problem that we are having these days, and it all starts so innocently, one day you decide to raise your bumper, next thing you know you are selling crack in T-town. Really the popo's have to start somewhere, why start with crime when you can help out the Sierra Club.
:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Jaydog said:

Well spoken! :cheer: :clappy: