• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Portable propane fire pits

hlb3

Zombie Hunter
Thinking about buying a portable propane fire pit to keep in the trailer since it seems like more and more places aren't allowing open fires, plus the possibility of summer burn bans.

I do not want anything real big, something like a 15" diameter or so. Just wondering if anybody has any firsthand experience with them and can give recommendations on brand.

Mines a camp chef from Costco a few years ago. They all have wimpy flames out of the box. Lots of people say to drill out the jet but it made no difference on mine. I ended up buying a new hose and adjustable regulator that made all the difference. I can empty a 20lb tank in one evening of camping if I really crank the flames up.

we amazon searched our got the one with best ratings many to choose from just depends on what you want

Ended up getting Camp Chef Compact Fire Ring. $72 shipped from Amazon.
17a7cac9e319e0132bc566f8604473ea.jpg

I bought mine from the propane guy on South hill of puyallup and one of their "special"regulators thing will put out a 4 foot flame and empty a 5 gallon tank in about 2-4 hours. I also had them tap into the tank with a quick disconnect that is not regulated by the mh regulator.

I bought mine from the propane guy on South hill of puyallup and one of their "special"regulators thing will put out a 4 foot flame and empty a 5 gallon tank in about 2-4 hours. I also had them tap into the tank with a quick disconnect that is not regulated by the mh regulator.

What's a setup like that run?

I bought this one...has an adjustable regulator and is rated at 58,000 btu:

6162XsNTx-L._SL1000_.jpg

Supposed to deliver tomorrow.