• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Powdercoated beadlock rings

redneckengineered said:
Does anyone have any input on how powdercoated aluminum beadlock rings look after a few rides? I always see really sharp looking pics of them when they are new but never after any rock rash. I'm curious if they would look like ****.

I have no experience, but we have all seen what powdercoated lower control arms and rockers/slider look like after a while...

they hold up decent imo. seem to be better than paint, but paint is cheaper and both need to be touched up after a little while. the rings on the buggy were painted this time and are holding up great to the abuse.
almost time to touch them up.

this is after a couple trips including 2 full days at GMP and 2 full days at AOP. we don't have the technical rocks here in the Midwest though.

edit* I apologize, missed the word aluminum the first time. mine are steel since they are 16.5s

I wouldn't do it again, I did a set of Trail Ready rings a couple years ago. Anywhere they get rubbed they'll get dull, the aluminum or metal will be showing anywhere they grind on something.

I have always just stuck to spray paint, put a few coats on, touch up as needed.

I think anything you do will need to be touched up. Not sure if there is a way to get around that if you actually wheel (and I know you guys do thumb.gif) .

The first set I ever got from DIY was "powdercoated", looked like crap after the first 2 rides. I don't waste my time or money on it now. Just my 2c.

Yea, probably not worth the trouble. These are the wheels I got, black powder and natural rings. I just thought they'd look good blacked out but I don't want the headache of touch up.

Attachments

• HD17BLK_17SRPOL.jpg
    HD17BLK_17SRPOL.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 113
redneckengineered said:
Yea, probably not worth the trouble. These are the wheels I got, black powder and natural rings. I just thought they'd look good blacked out but I don't want the headache of touch up.

I have the same Rings, and the fronts have taken a beating with 6-8 rides. I'd leave them like they are, I would think the scratches would show up 10 times more after Powder or paint

I'd rock them how they are. Look killer! Plus my rings are wrecked! Need to replace them all. NO WAY powder would last for me.

I can see that happening, mine were in good shape until AOP. Now they look like this :****:
e7a7e024794ed000b3b7833e224e3f4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

I run candy red powder coated trail readys, you know on those big ole 20" beasts.

I had a horrible experience with anodizing them so I have a buddy that does powder coat and they turned out sweet. I love em.

Absolutely they get gouged. Is there any coating that doesn't? No way. I personally would powder another set for sure.

Thing is even after a couple years of wheeling powdered surface is still candy red as ever.

Do it man. You'll love em

Cost me $75

redneckengineered said:
Yea see that looks awesome, just wondering how that would look after a trip up a rockgarden at AOP because I beat the **** out of my rings.
Cause you ass drives like Stevie Wonder, you know by the feel lmao!!! Hate to party

Latest posts