• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pre F-day , F-day thread.

slept most of day , work tonight 7pm to 7 am . then heading to K O T H hope to meet some of yuns to put faces with names thumb.gif

been watchin this rain from Fay since Thursday....still goin..prolly be here till saturday/sunday......gayness i need to work on my junk
you fawkers have fun at KOTH

CheapJ7 said:
Ghey.. should be at KOTH!!! :flipoff1:

Fri.. Class all day.... then drive at hour to jasper...
Sat.. attempt to race..
Sun.. Put pieces of said truck back under the lean-to... :'(
im nicer than you :flipoff1:

I am wooped. Got out all of the chain saws to clear out the brush for the new vinyl fence were installing. Hauled all of that off, then rented a MT55 Bobcat to dig the holes for the posts. For excavating, I am really not impressed with this machine after running the big ones, but it can dig a bunch of holes really quick. Got started setting the posts, but it got dark so we quit to drink. :drinkers:

Sat amp rent a chipper for sunday
Sat night - In the pits at Bristol
Sun- finish cutting a tree and chipping it up.

B Gillespie said:
I am wooped. Got out all of the chain saws to clear out the brush for the new vinyl fence were installing. Hauled all of that off, then rented a MT55 Bobcat to dig the holes for the posts. For excavating, I am really not impressed with this machine after running the big ones, but it can dig a bunch of holes really quick. Got started setting the posts, but it got dark so we quit to drink. :drinkers:

Was it a turbo? Bobcats are weak, I like a Takeuchi TL140, bout a 10,000lb skid steer with tracks and 80 HP :eek: my rental place started renting them, its what everyones buying around here. It will also load a fullsize dump truck unlilke most Bob cats

Yes its a turbo, but its one of the stand-on units; powerless and the tracks blow. We usually rent Ditch Witch Sk650's but the DW dealer is 99.7 miles from here, not real practical. The bobcat place also sells Stihl where we buy all of our saws for disaster work, they hook it up when I need other stuff. Tom from PSC swears by Tak, if I ever buy a full size unit Ill check them out for sure.

I have a huge chipper in TX, wouldnt do much for you though. laughing1

the problem I have with Tak is the parts price. how much is a replacement track? at one of our last jobs, a contractors tracked Tak lost a track and it sat for 4.5 months while he waited for them to import some, then they were over $2K each. ours are 18" wide, last about a thousand hours and are $2800 a set. 10.5K# machine. I want to run a Tak, they seem to have a cult following. fwiw, the case 450ct is $51K with cab, air, ride control, 2 speeed, double plumbed, etc. I guess the new on es have pressurized cab, different front glass setup and a suspension seat that also air rides. We want one, but have 4 as it stands