• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pro-Tools die in a JD2???

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
I have a JD2 bender, and am looking at getting a 2" die for exhaust and what have you... the JD2 die is $345 for a 2" - 6.5R(?) - 180* and pro-tools is $245 for a 2" - 6.5R(?) - 120*

So what is up with the difference? and can you use a pro-tools die in a JD2 ??? Just wondering if the holes are the same or if there is a serious quality difference...?:eeek:

I have a JD2 bender, and am looking at getting a 2" die for exhaust and what have you... the JD2 die is $345 for a 2" - 6.5R(?) - 180* and pro-tools is $245 for a 2" - 6.5R(?) - 120*

So what is up with the difference? and can you use a pro-tools die in a JD2 ??? Just wondering if the holes are the same or if there is a serious quality difference...?:eeek:

The difference in price has to do with the fact that the JD2 is a 180* die meaning it'll complete a 180* bend and the PT die is only 120*. The other thing to check is make sure the manufacturer of the die says you can bend material that thin. If you want to build your own exhaust I would buy some pre *mandrel* bent 180's, 90's, 45's and some 2" pipe and cut and weld a system together. Will turn out much better than a crush bent system.

Car Quest and Napa sell those bends too, the "mandrel" bent ones. Theyre not all wrinkled where the beds are like Schucks, theyre smooth. Thats what I built my exhaust out of this time.

~T.J.