• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Programmer for 2013 Hd2500

tommyswheelin

Got me a new hd2500. Who has got a programmer for their truck so far? Has it helped on power and fuel mileage? What brand did you buy.? What's a good option and price I'm looking at for one?

Re: Re: Programmer for 2013 Hd2500

Besides a custom tune, I figure you can't go wrong with Diablosport programmers. Got one on my 06 2500HD 6.0L and really like it. Only a minute increase in fuel mileage with highway driving, little to none in the city. But it shifts wayyyy better and seems to have helped the low end torque curve.

I don't know much about the newer 6.0 powertrain and what's different with them except for you prolly have a 6 speed auto tranny vs. mine being a 4speed. I highly doubt you will ever see enough fuel mileage increase to get excited over, but a programmer, especially a custom tune (if done right) will definitely increase the "drivability" of it. Of course, with the 6 speed tranny, I don't know if you will see as much of an improvement over what I saw with my 4 speed. My rpm shift points and shift pressure makes it never seem to bog down like before, because it stays in gear a hair longer, and downshifts earlier than it would before also.

Just do a Google search, usually there's some useful info that will pop up on forums like www.duramaxforum.com (even though it's a gasser). Good luck.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

from what I was readin on PBB's tow section. BlackBear is the ****.

But I dont have any personal experience with em...

Re: Re: Re: Programmer for 2013 Hd2500

y2knole said:
from what I was readin on PBB's tow section. BlackBear is the ****.

But I dont have any personal experience with em...

That would be a custom tune and you are correct.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Anyone around the nashville,tn area that could tune. And do it right without screwing my eye balls out.cant stand shady people. Want a one time experience .not taking it back time after time.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about beans diesel performance, if I'm correct their in Manchester,Ten but I've seen a lot of nice trucks come out of there and if they still have the same guy tuning, Jonathan, I know he had a shop in Chattanooga tuning gassers before he went to work for them he's a good dude and knows his **** IMO but that'd be the the only place I know of up that way, I personally like Author at track masters in Huntsville,Alabama if he's still open been two years since I was last there tho

Probably be better to put a hand held tune in it so you can pull it out easy and not leave a foot print for when you have to have warranty work done. But I don't think it's going to help your mileage much.

Elliott said:
Probably be better to put a hand held tune in it so you can pull it out easy and not leave a foot print for when you have to have warranty work done. But I don't think it's going to help your mileage much.

x2 it's hard for me to believe that the benefits of a custom tune far outweighs what the top rated plug-and-play programmer will do, enough to justify the extra $$ and time. And like ^^^ says, you always switch it back to factory in a snap if needed. 6.0L V8 and any sort of satisfactory fuel mileage will likely never go hand in hand, regardless.

Believe it or not , but I've been get 16mpg in town. All I've done so far is a K&N filter. Going to cut the 55gallon drum muffler off and see how much that helps.

tommyswheelin said:
Believe it or not , but I've been get 16mpg in town. All I've done so far is a K&N filter. Going to cut the 55gallon drum muffler off and see how much that helps.

It will prolly hurt the mileage with the lack of back pressure.

Haven't pulled it yet. Trailer a tractor and concrete. Forms and pulled fine. Drives better than the 12valve. Gonna miss that ole truck. Figured I would let it go since I made 2500.00 profit on it after driving it 3 yrs. got something I can head out on long trip and got 4x4...couldn't pass getting a new 33,500 truck for 21,000...

Look up Track.One in nashville, they have LS tuner named brad mayo who is the best tuner I have ever seen. I've seen this guy take a fully built supra around the block and know exactly what was wrong with it and retune it easily. He also has been on horsepower TV to tune LS motors

Latest posts