• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Mobbin' Deep" 4runner...

NotMatt

:haha: :haha: :haha:

1100 bucks, I couldn't pass it up. The guy wouldn't take 1000, I tried. :redneck: It'll make a good "street legal" wheeler since my YJ isn't going to be road worthy any more after the 1-ton swap. Gave it a quick once over, checked all the fluids and replaced a missing exhaust manifold stud to silence the exhaust leak, replaced the tensioner bearing on the power steering belt ("yeah, it needs a power steering pump..." me thinking: "uh huh, yeah, it's the tensioner bearing"). Now the 22re purs like a kitten.

Short term plans are to weld up the rear, throw a 1" body lift on, some shackles in the back and crank the torsion bars a bit up front, and throw my 36" TSL's on. When the IFS takes a ****, I have a chevy 44 and some late model rears for up front. I'll weld up the 4.56 third I have and throw that in, and some gears up front. I'll probably leave the front open until I come across a good deal on an ARB. Maybe dual cases down the road if I can find a good deal on a used marlin adapter, or maybe I'll just throw some 4.7's in the single case and call it good.

What a difference one day's worth of sticker removal, painting, and junk fender trim and liner removal makes. PS the top is red, it's just faded. :awesomework:

Last edited:
I like where this is going........Jeep is down and the smart man gets a toyota!!!!!! You rock Matt!!!:haha:

We need to find you a "Balls Deep" sticker you can put on the back and join the club:flipoff:

Cant wait to see this thing take shape. Need any help lemme know I'm just across town.:awesomework:

Stay in school man. They're not going anywhere. When ever your ready I'll either part with mine or hook you up with another set up.:awesomework:

I'm skipping winter quarter anyway. Got too much **** going on this winter with work, moving out, and this truck.

I'll come flash some bills later this month:awesomework:

What you know about fitting 36" TSL's on a stock IFS toyota? :haha:(I'll give you a hint, it involves lots of cut off wheels and a large sledghammer)

Almost ready for some "mobbin", "braffin" or possibly some "muscle truckin".... and hell yes I did a burnout (in the snow). :redneck:

Tomorrow I've got a bunch of little misc **** to do like changing out the sticky t-stat, re-doing the battery cables and making a battery tie-down, loading my trail box in the back, fixing the rear window switch, then I need to yank the rear third and weld it up, then xraidedj, Co-Man-Che and maybe some others and I are going to head out and find some snow to play in on Sunday. :awesomework:

Last edited: