• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Sexi Sami

onetoncrawler said:
They each have their place - the KRTs hooked better in the smooth rocks, they lack traction in the mud which is to be expected - I'll probably run them until we get back from KOH then switch to the new KRs

You went up a couple of those smooth rock places much easier than I did!

This little thing is amazing what it will do I was setting on the side watching it and thinking so simple but works so good Im gathering parts to build one setup just like it

Were you happy with the 1.3L and the 5.38s, or wish you'd gone with more gear? I know the 14 bolt limited you, but had your axles not limited you? Mine is a dog in high range going up hill, and that was with Scout 44s and 37s. Thinking about trying a 6.17 gear now that I'm going tons. Opinions?

P.S.- I still want that hood

sleepsontoilet said:
Were you happy with the 1.3L and the 5.38s, or wish you'd gone with more gear? I know the 14 bolt limited you, but had your axles not limited you? Mine is a dog in high range going up hill, and that was with Scout 44s and 37s. Thinking about trying a 6.17 gear now that I'm going tons. Opinions?

P.S.- I still want that hood

Low range I think 5.38 and the 6.5 case is good,

High range I wish I had 6.17s for sure

I could barely get out of 2nd gear on the short course race a few weeks ago

onetoncrawler said:
Low range I think 5.38 and the 6.5 case is good,

High range I wish I had 6.17s for sure

I could barely get out of 2nd gear on the short course race a few weeks ago

In low range, I completely agree it's perfect with 5.38s

In high range it flat out sucks. Wondering if I should go somewhere in the middle with like a 5.86. I'd hate for it to be too low in low range.

Re: Re: Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
Haha. Pics?

I'll post a picture in a cpl weeks - I'm going to do a complete teardown, clean up everything, ensure everything is in top shape, put new skins on it and it will be for sale. This thing has been an absolute blast! Someone will get a very capable rig, the best rock crawler I've owned hands down

Re: Re: Project Sexi Sami

This is what I woulda heard on the intercom had I not broke the volume knob.... Luckily he could hear me
7cb2788750326b3615c67fc3f8463bf7.jpg

onetoncrawler said:
I'll post a picture in a cpl weeks - I'm going to do a complete teardown, clean up everything, ensure everything is in top shape, put new skins on it and it will be for sale. This thing has been an absolute blast! Someone will get a very capable rig, the best rock crawler I've owned hands down

Spare dovenosed hood might become available too?

sleepsontoilet said:
Spare dovenosed hood might become available too?

I'll see, I should have one of the two, but both are rough

PM me your number and I'll send you some pictures once I decide which one I'm going to put on for good and you can have the other

Did you ever post link lengths? I was rereading last night and didn't see them. With there only being 23" between the frame rails, it's hard to get good triangulation, and long link lengths.

sleepsontoilet said:
Did you ever post link lengths? I was rereading last night and didn't see them. With there only being 23" between the frame rails, it's hard to get good triangulation, and long link lengths.

Front uppers 21.25"
Lowers 29.5"