• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Toymanche

89flat

wel i figured id throw it up here, i am in no way trying to offend anyone who is parshal to either vehicle make. i like them both and is why i am combining the two:fawkdancesmiley:. you may be familiar with hi-center'ed offroad, well this is my flatbed 89 comanche.in my opinion it was already one of a kind, but now it will be for sure, i am retro fitting a complete toyota drivetrain into it:awesomework:.here are the first stages. i have completly gutted the jeep of everything not needed. i have aquired a front straight axle and leaf spring hanger, yes i am doing a unibody leaf spring conversion as well as a shackle reversal.mostlikly a 3rd gen v6 toyota rear end will go in it but possably a dana 44, to my suprise i removed the carpet and what do you know, absolutly no rust. i have started some manicuring of the front axle and pondering the motor mounts and crossmember, other then that this build will be a cake walk other then the money part, any ways i will keep updating and any rercomendations are appriciated, and any rude remarks will be politly ignored:awesomework:here are some pics on another page, it wont let me put them on here right nowhttp://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k634/Josh_Orcutt/

i thought about doing the cummins 4bt swap but its all in all a little out of my price range right now, maybe when i land a job in diesel here in the near future
Closest I'll come to something like that is a Toy diesel powered MJ

Yes, you can, all you have to do is copy the pic link from photobucket, and in the reply window up top is a little pic icon (yellow mountain thingy!), and paste the link into it...

Holy **** you're going backwards. When you combine them you are supposed to take the BEST of both rigs and put them together not the shitty parts. :haha: Now you'll have a slow and weak yota drivetrain in a unibody trar. :haha:

well for your info, i had the 2.5 l pos in the jeep, and my yota engine is bored, rv can, offenhauser,weber and a header way more power than what i had and more reliable, itll be good, itll go anywhere i want it to thats for sure
Holy **** you're going backwards. When you combine them you are supposed to take the BEST of both rigs and put them together not the shitty parts. :haha: Now you'll have a slow and weak yota drivetrain in a unibody trar. :haha:

i tried that, its was probably just me not doing it right b ut oh well thanks for the info kevin, and i will try it with the next pics i have
Yes, you can, all you have to do is copy the pic link from photobucket, and in the reply window up top is a little pic icon (yellow mountain thingy!), and paste the link into it...

Below the photos in photobucket is a pulldown tab that opens when your arrow is on the pic. Chose the url next to the IMG button and click. It will say "link copied". Then paste it here like I did below (first one has the square bracket from the beginning and end removed)

IMG]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k634/Josh_Orcutt/DSCN1259.jpg[/IMG

DSCN1259.jpg

k thanks i will as soon as i get some more pics taken
Below the photos in photobucket is a pulldown tab that opens when your arrow is on the pic. Chose the url next to the IMG button and click. It will say "link copied". Then paste it here like I did below (first one has the square bracket from the beginning and end removed)

IMG]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k634/Josh_Orcutt/DSCN1259.jpg[/IMG

DSCN1259.jpg

got some parts now to start fab work, i picked up an 83 complete never wheeled front axle, 3rd gen rear axle, 85 22r for a rebuild and a trans a tcase. its a start now for the fab and all the other fun ****