• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

project "weight loss"

BOVADS

cut a little sheetmetal off 'RED SLED' ill post more pics soon
PREACHERCANYON049.jpg

PREACHERCANYON059.jpg

PREACHERCANYON060.jpg

by the way, sheet metal work sucks ass!!!

my hats off to you guys cutting cabs in half

lookin good man,

X2 on the sheet metal bein a PITA, a little grinder work and bondo and she'll be good as new.

Are you using a piece of copper behind the sheet metal pieces to aid in the welding?

no sir. 10lbs hammer:redneck:
this is first time ive done something with this much sheetmetal work before. another runner owner wanted me to do his after he saw mine:mad:

got a lil more work done.
used a peice of 16 gauge sheetmetal to tie in bed peice. ran it thru the bead roller a few times to get rid of the flimsy feel, then used a break for the 90degree. then welded it in and sealed using a tube of seam sealer from our body shop:D
Picture008.jpg
got tired of the sheetmetal work so i put a couple peices of tube together, but much more to come.
Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

these will go all the way insode, and tie into internal cage and also get tied into frame.
built a hoop for lights that will be coming soon..
Picture017.jpg

wanna build something like this that folds up and down, but probably not using the elect$$$$ ram
100_6223.jpg

100_6222.jpg

much more tube to come, tail gate not going on, tire will hang out slighty and big :beer: cooler will be framed using some 1" tube:D

Lookin good BONER, how much weight are you actually saving with all this tube work? and I've seen your beer cooler before...... :beer:

Lookin good BONER, how much weight are you actually saving with all this tube work? and I've seen your beer cooler before...... :beer:

it still sits ass high with cooler full of water and spare sitting there, so some weight trimming was done. but with all the bondo its gonna take to make the sheetmetal look straight from my work is gonna weigh it back down:redneck:

what it looks like now
Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

more tube to come:redneck:

****in sick.... I will be helping my buddy finish his in the next few weeks... he rolled his.. and then cut off all the smashed part... hey can you get some more pictures of the bed cap / tube work? it would be greatly appreciated :awesomework:

i havent touched it since snow run, ill get some more pics up soon when i do more tube work

got a little more work done. got my beadlock wheels on and done.
driveway poser shot
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

doing a trip this weekend so i needed to get at least tire mount, a place for cooler, so i built this last night
pic without hi lft or tire
Photo-02301.jpg

i wanted hi lift as low as possiable, so came up with this
Photo-02311.jpg

with tire on.
Photo-02321.jpg

Photo-02331.jpg

the bumper will go back, but im redoing it as i cut another 2" out of bottom of body
i will add a bunch more tube, but need to work on interior cause my daughter wants to go this weekend

Looks :cool:

What about stretching the wheelbase (rear axle back) to improve your departure angle? Seems like it might be a handicap.

im going to do exactly that this summer. probably gonna do a 3 link and keep tank in stock location or put a truck tank in and do a 4 link. i already have the tank and the mounts for rear tank. already made mounts and welded to the rear of frame.

this is probably one of the nicest 4 runners i've seen:cool:

ima why is your spare tires hanging out so far in the back from the looks of it the spare tire could easily fit in the bed with if you reworked the mount some:beer: nice work :corn:

tire is hanging out but will be surrounded by tube so i can "back up by brail" i needed to be able to get tools and the biggest cooler i could find, i get parched on the trail at times:D
the tire actually sits pretty high up, and it will never be a "hardcore" typer wheeler