• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

project "weight loss"

Comin along good B, the beadlocks are lookin good, likin the color matched rings.... Can't wait to see the bumper on there.

I vote gas tank behind the axle and 4 links...... :stirpot:

looks good.
im planning something similiar to this...except with a 1st gen 2dr.

im also curious...whats the wheelbase?

well now im rethinking this whole thing after seeing this on pirate
new_10073.jpg

update
DSCN7254.jpg

well instead of starting a new thread ill just keep this one going.
well, weigh tloss is out the door, i kept breaking stupid **** so i decided to sell everything fromt the frame down.
untitled.jpg

went and got a dodge king pin 60 and corp 14. some asshole talked me into linking it front and rear.
FABWORK003-1.jpg

the front is pretty much done as far as linking, just need to do the "little" stuff. using tj 5" coils in front, front links are around 46" and made out of .375 wall DOM. upper link is 29"ish and .250 wall DOM. bought 5 maxxis creepies. gonn a build a set of beadlocks.
this is ride height, sitting on its own weight. front axel is 8" further foward than stock, front bumper is gonna come off.

GEDC0381.jpg

i built everything at full stuff
GEDC0403.jpg

the frame is plated 18" around the lower link mounts and 14" around the upper link all with 1/4" plate
DRZPARTS031.jpg

keep in mind everything is just "tac'd" in these pics.
everything in the rear has been cut/cleaned out and prepped for link mounts and fuel tank moved to the rear.

was going to use a truck tank but looks like the runner one will be a better fit
GEDC0394.jpg

runner tank on the left
GEDC0393.jpg

Got a lil work done last night. wanted to make sure upper mount was fully welded, and i have to much tube to lift body off the frame so i did next best thing, removed seat, removed carpet, and put a lil hole in floor:redneck:
GEDC0557.jpg

also took a pic of upper mount on housing
GEDC0502.jpg

GEDC0505.jpg

also didnt like ballistics lower link or how it had a step to it so i made it flush'er
before
GEDC0555.jpg

after just tac'd in
GEDC0556.jpg

removed bench seat in rear and put a single bucket, also built boxes for 2 6x9's and 1, 12" sub:D
GEDC0559.jpg

tonight ill get all my mounts welded in for good and get front axel back under it.