project "What the hell did I get myself into"

Jobless said:
What motor & tranny you using?

For now I am staying with the 258 (4.2L) and the AX15

old setup
AX15 (3.83) x NP231 (2.72) X 4.65 = 48.44

New setup
AX15 (3.83) x atlas II (4.30) X 5.38 = 88.60

So it should work better :; I was not going to get an atlas this time but it was a sweet price so I bought it.

Brian H said:
Get with the pics man!!!!!

I have not even touched the jeep since the last pic I posted... The axles are being built, but the axles are on hold waiting for the 35 spline shafts...

Wa happen....

I leave you alone for a week and look what happens.This takes keeping up with the Jones' to a whole new level. Its on now biach!!:flipoff: :stirpot:

Dr. Blood said:
I leave you alone for a week and look what happens.This takes keeping up with the Jones' to a whole new level. Its on now biach!!:flipoff: :stirpot:

That second Pic in the first post was meant for you cawnthair!

Want to buy an atlas?:flipoff:

Last edited:
CrustyJeep said:
That's crazy dawg!!!

This is a D60/suspension upgrade; the engine and tranny will be a different build. One needs to try to break these builds in to manageable projects some how.

Dr. Blood said:
Which one? "Atlas II" 3.8:1 Ultra low, "Atlas II" 4.3:1 Extreme low or Atlas "Highlander" 3.0:1

If you are serious I will call you and we will work it out

roccrawler said:
Nothing, I have one.... but the option of 3 ratios would be nice... Wish I had bought a stak

If I want an extra lever in my Heep it will be a tap to a keg in the back that flows nothing but Mikes Hard Lemonade :redneck:

Jason C said:
Don't forget to keep me in the loop so I can make sure your driveline will not end up going across the rig! :flipoff:

and I thought you gave ME clearance issues :redneck:

Jason C said:
Don't forget to keep me in the loop so I can make sure your driveline will not end up going across the rig! :flipoff:

I am trying to get the driveline to the passanger side and I know you want to install an atlas into a TJ as well:;