• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane and nitrous

rednecklights said:
we mounted a 1 gallon fuel cell in the nose of our mustang for a dedicated nitrous fuel system

we used the msd timing module to retard timing.

race gas wouldn't be a necessity one 100-150 shots

Are you talking about the 04 GT "that you never sprayed"????

I have run nitrous with both EFI and propane, I never got it dialed in with the propane where I was happy. I ran a separate line before my regulator to a nitrous solenoid do to the pressure propane tanks have. I would recommend 2 big shot nitrous solenoids if your going to try it. Just my $.02

Finally .02 from someone who tried it!!! Respect !!! Do you think my idea of sniper kit for efi that requires 43 psi for fuel side will work with a adjustable regulator before the vaporizer ? just as you did but regulating it to 40-45 psi to solnoid will work to help with steady fuel pressure , not tank pressure ??? Do you think that will make it tunable ? I don't want a extra tank with fuel.. when I running 110 oc fuel already but I'm shooting for 35-50hp boost on a toy. not a big motor. Sorry to hijack the thread and hope the info helps us both!!!

I think I decided when I get around to doing it , I'm gonna run a small 2 gallon fuel cell and electric fuel pump so the nitrous is its one system and not mess with the propane... Should be super easy and have no issues with fuel pressure etc.

billstoy said:
Finally .02 from someone who tried it!!! Respect !!! Do you think my idea of sniper kit for efi that requires 43 psi for fuel side will work with a adjustable regulator before the vaporizer ? just as you did but regulating it to 40-45 psi to solnoid will work to help with steady fuel pressure , not tank pressure ??? Do you think that will make it tunable ? I don't want a extra tank with fuel.. when I running 110 oc fuel already but I'm shooting for 35-50hp boost on a toy. not a big motor. Sorry to hijack the thread and hope the info helps us both!!!

if you can get the pressure down It will work, just don't expect a lot of boost, 50hp is what I would call reasonable.

rednecklights said:
im curious why you would suggest2 big shot solenoids ?

whats the norm psi on a propane system ?

I'm not sure what tank pressures are, what i found was that the fuel solenoid would leak after injection. When I got I contact with Nitrous express they suggested two nox solenoids and it seamed to work

Latest posts