• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Propane kit for a V8

Brock

time to dump the motocrap carb off of the AMC 304. Does anyone have a cheap propane kit they want to sell? ;D

Explain further please....I got the same problem with my 304...the steeper speedbumps at the plaza give me fits! or are you talking about a motor swap? ???

Check with John Galbreath I think he has one for sell at a great price. If I am not mistaking intake is for a Chevy motor but sure you could get an adapter of some sort.

6uldv8 said:
Explain further please....I got the same problem with my 304...the steeper speedbumps at the plaza give me fits! or are you talking about a motor swap? ???

Brock just wants to add the propane to his engine.... Blacksheep suggested setting his engine up with a Chevy TBI setup...

I'd like to do something with mine but I think I read somewhere in my webwheeling that you lose a shitload of HP with the propane?

Ive read that there is a loss...but uh look at it like this. Loss of HP or it just wont run on an incline or with a bump.... ;D

I have a buddy that put a chebby tbi on his jeep straight 6. used the factory chip ??? :eek: and it still ran after about 20 minutes of putting around. as long as it has factory vacuum (no big cam/heads) and ****, it will learn and run. I set my tbi up for about $400 with junkyard parts and a brand new harness and chip from AFI. very plug and play. you don't have to buy the harness and chip, I just wanted to do it all blingy like. You can have someone narrow a factory harness for you and be done with it. then you can pull up to the pump and put gas in instead of lugging propane bottles around

P said:
Brock just wants to add the propane to his engine.... Blacksheep suggested setting his engine up with a Chevy TBI setup...
LOL.

6uldv8 said:
I'd like to do something with mine but I think I read somewhere in my webwheeling that you lose a shitload of HP with the propane?
http://www.patooyee.com/propane/propane_1.htm
Read this for your webwheeling enjoyment. ;D

Found this on TennOffroad this morning.

posting for a friend
he has 5 or 6 v8 kits and 2 4 cyclinder kits
the kits have everything you need(including line)except tank and tank straps
$450
call mark
615-765-5439

thanks
daniel

I met patooyee and his brother several years back. his jeep was cool but i think he sold it and built a buggy. his brother had a propaned toyota with twin BBQ grill tanks kinda like i want to try.

I thought his (patooyee) site was gone. ::)

wade

call dixie off-road in cullman my cousin just kit a kit from them for $350, came with everything inluding a 40lb tank.

Yo Brock! I'm gonna get serious about this propane setup for my 304 very shortly. The flooding and sputtering is the biggest reason I don't get my CJ out much. I took it out Weds. and hit some pretty good **** on our hunting club and had to work hard to keep it running. I'm ready for a change! I'll let you know how it goes. :popcorn:

Git on it. ONce my YJ sells, the CJ is getting propane, real axles and some sawzall action. :flipgotcha:

I know a guy will get number tommorow he has brand new kits for $1000 or some parts if you peice a kit together but he is real nice and knows his ****. He helped me get my setup running that I Bought from John G . Propane is awesome for cheap bastards.

InittowiniT said:
I know a guy will get number tommorow he has brand new kits for $1000 or some parts if you peice a kit together but he is real nice and knows his ****. He helped me get my setup running that I Bought from John G . Propane is awesome for cheap bastards.
$1000 isn't cheap. AFI has TBI kits for about that. :flipgotcha: