• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

propane swap

mudslayer

So just about done with the got propane kit on sbc. Everything installed with ease, except for the carb linkage. Went from a quadrapuke to the impco 425 and for some reason just can't figure a way to attach the old linkage/kick down to the 425 carb?:mad: I was hoping someone has a pic of their linkage setup or some good info/ideas on carb brackets, I've never had good luck with this on other carbs either. Heeeellllllllllpppppp, itching to hit some trails!!!!!

Don't you have the Holley baseplate that the 425 sits on?

Should go something like this

Intake manifold,

Holley double pumper base plate or u could use the vaccume one and use a zip tie/ or wire to activate the secondaries.

Then use one of those chrome kick down cable pieces they sell with the carb accessories at oReilly's.

Last edited:
Its the kit from gotpropane. Holley base plate, but without the vacuum ports. Not machined into the plate. Pretty sure I got the linkage down, I wired in the solenoid to a toggle in the dash, and all I have left is to tap into the coolant lines. My question is, i know that the y part of the tee that goes to the vaporizer, which one is in and which one goes out, or doesn't matter? Just is a loop? Can't remember if it's labeled on the bottom or not, already mounted and a pita to remove. Hope to fire it up Wednesday.

Last edited:
it might say on the convertor? but probably doesn't matter, just swap em if you run into a problem. run coolant it helps the convertor from freezing while trying to bleed the water system.

So it's all done and only issue was a bad 90° fitting that leaked.Put in a new fitting, turned it over and fired right up! Incredibly smooth and responsive. Didn't adjust a single thing yet, took it for a drive and in 2low it's incredible, but in 2 high it seemed kinda dead. Removed the gas tank and skid plate and Wow, it really opened up the ass end. Still gotta recurve the dizzy and dial in the timing and it should be all good. :beer: