• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane

CURTIS69

44'tsl,kingkoils,fourlinked,717gears,372ci
I have a new propane kit from got propane with 425 mixer I had it on a stock 350 engine.. I took the engine out to go with a bigger one 6"rods je pistons dart angle plu heads 2.8 valves . The motor is very hard to crank up. I have to put gas in the base plate plug to make crank, but when the motor is hot it cranks well (((((((( any suggestions on what I can do

have you tried purging the system before a cold start? sounds like your loosing your prime from the shut off to the mixer , might have a leak in the system :dunno:

BDrakes is hard to start cold but :dunno: my system from Got propane never had that issue

i will have to check all those things... i have noticed when u spend the motor over a while , u start smelling propane bad , then it will crank up... ((((((((((((((((((((does anyone know if u need a spacer plate between propane top and intake ... i have mine bolted straight to the intake...

any info about this is very helpful THANKS EVERYONE ;D

onetoncrawler ..........................i am new to this propane stuff ..how would u purge the system and how would you know if ur loosing ur prime from the shut off to the mixer thanks

there should be a primer button , hold that down and you should put propane to the motor, if you can smell the propane while your turning it over it seems you might have a timing issue or firing issue :dunno:

did you adjust your timing when you put the kit on?

any vacuum leaks will throw it off too. since you bought the kit from got propane you could probably call them and they might help you. they dont like people that dont buy from them :****:

it happens wit all my tanks... i tried purgein it and lookin for leaks.. nothin leaks and purgin doesnt wrk. i am callin got propane and see

if you have a large cam it is hard to start no matter what you do. all of jimmys motors are hard to start when they are cold and he runs pretty healthy cams . all you can do is push the prime button and keep on keeping on until it starts. just what i know some one else may have the secret trick . Tommy

i no it sounds stupid but if ur running sigle coil ignition get a hotter coil mine done the same **** when i changed coils no more prob

Latest posts