• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ProRock Tour/Survival Series Event at Busted Knuckle Park March 24, 2018

Always cool to read those race reports. Keep 'em coming guys !!!

Bubba gave it hell and it worked. Badass video for sure !

squeak12 said:
https://youtu.be/_os3YtytT4Y

Here is a full lap of the endurance course. I think it will get better as it gets broken in, especially the short course.

Squeak, man I never heard that horn until you were right beside me LOL. I wasn't trying to hold you up at all.

I had a blast, this was the first time racing a RZR for me. The course was great, the rock downhill section was rough but other than that I had a great time. The short course was perfect, you could sail off those sweet jumps.

tbacon38 said:
Squeak, man I never heard that horn until you were right beside me LOL. I wasn't trying to hold you up at all.

I had a blast, this was the first time racing a RZR for me. The course was great, the rock downhill section was rough but other than that I had a great time. The short course was perfect, you could sail off those sweet jumps.

You were 100% fine. I knew there was a spot coming up that I needed to be close to take advantage of.

Hudson1 said:
I have the 51 car that ran in the Unlimited class in the Survival series.
It was the first time I had it out to race. First time it had jumped on purpose and had a few small issues.
I will write a race recap in a few. We need more people racing, it is great fun.

I had to rush to get my rig ready to race. Window nets ordered, deal with a fuel cell pick up issue, order a hans and a few other small things.
Most of my time was spent checking and re checking bolts and bearings to make sure everything was in good shape and could go the distance of the race.
I built the rig using a rescued Goat Built chassis almost two years ago. It had plenty of reliable trail time but no race time on it.
I did not have a co driver or any seat time pre running the full course. I was only able to run the short course a few times and adjust my shocks to be able to take the jumps. My very capable 210 lb 14 year old son was my pit crew.

The course was great , it was a mixture of rocks , fast mountain road, tight trails, short course with jumps, steep down hill sections and a few mud holes thrown in for fun. I did not pre run the course so my plan was to be gentle feel out the car and not break my crap. The second lap , I pulled into the pits with a steering issue. I had none. I had to rev up the motor to get steering power, this is pretty tough with an automatic while going down steep rocky ravines.
I pulled into the pits where my son was waiting. I climbed out and thought my race was done. A big thank you to some pit guys that ran up to help. They pulled my good off and found no steering leaks and the belt was still in place. The steering resivior was to hot to touch. I turned on a cooling fan manually for my trans cooler which help cool my steering. I jumped back in , my son finished fueling the rig and I was pack on course. I would like to thank the guys that came to help , I believe the were with Mark Zaboth.
My brakes were hot, my motor was hot, my shocks were hot. I finished my race.
The Unlimited class guys that were there were great, everyone of them was a professional and their level of competition was incredible.

I would like to thank Pro Rock Racing for giving us the opportunity to have endurance racing in the south.

Find you a stock Cherokee and beat on it, bring your 37 inch tire trail rig like mine and beat on it, bring your work of art unlimited rig and beat on it.

This guy saved one racers weekend and me about $1400! Good to meet you and thanks a ton for stopping to tell me where my tire and tools were. I ripped 1 trep and drove a few miles on the rim... if I had lost a second tire and rim it would have sucked! and I know Billy and T appreciated the heim. In 4 years of racing I would never expect someone to stop on the last lap and tell me where my junk fell off. Sportsmanship.

My Race? I am bad at summaries but...

my plan was just to cruse around and learn my new car. first race was KOH, this was the second. I wasn't looking for gold this time, just to put some miles on.

started 5th.
I have the new car blues so I pitted on lap 2 and asked the guys for a once over. all was good.
lap 2 I ripped a trep, made a decision to race on it 2 miles back to the start finish.
the guys(yankster and jake) put a tire on and sent us on our way.
tranny was getting hot so I tried 3:1 to get it to stall... well 3:1 popped our of gear So I try 2:1 and could only get front dig. My linkage was all messed up. I adjusted my driving to keep the car above 3000rpms in 1:1 and it kept the tranny cool.
lap 3 something felt off, turns out it was the tire pressure difference. the spare had 5 more lbs and made the car feel off to me.
lap 4 on the power line I see the temp gauge hit 250. I stop to find I have so spare tire, no tool bag, the high lift was hanging off, no spare drive shaft, broken fluid holder, and no fan blades left on my fans... so something happened and it took us out. ???

16 hours down and 21 hours straight back. that part sucked.

Re: Re: ProRock Tour/Survival Series Event at Busted Knuckle Park March 24, 2018

tbacon38 said:
Land Rover was impressive to be on street tires.
X2. Good video

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk