• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PSC Steering woes - CBR pump blowing front seal

tallnate said:
Gotcha, so it ends up being a fairly expensive setup all said and done. And if it requires more space I could definitely see that being an issue with how compact your rig is. Hell, my junk has so much crap mounted everywhere.. don't think I'd be able to keep half of it if I had a narrowed chassis. But, I still want one! :eat:

Yea from what I'm being told is that I'll basically need a new pump (you don't just pull the guts out of a normal one), a different reservoir, and pretty much a total re-plumb of my upstream system. In all I would be about 6-7x what I'm looking at for a rebuild and the new bracket setup.

It's definitely pretty tight! There is WAY more room in Todd's haha you would be able to put everything from that jeep in a 54" chassis vs my 48". You just let me know when your ready :****: :fish: :stir: booyang

Anyone tried pulling the flow control out of the factory pump? My CBR pump doesn't look like it has anything special about it as it relates to the flow control..

Hudson1 said:
Anyone tried pulling the flow control out of the factory pump? My CBR pump doesn€™t look like it has anything special about it as it relates to the flow control..

Yep, but you better have a external regulator setup, or stuff will explode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hudson1 said:
That statement was assuming you were using an external flow control.

Yeah I was saying I tried it without a external pressure regulator (which is what I'm assuming you mean by flow control, but they are 2 different things)

Probably 12 years ago, modded a stock P pump to no bypass, and promptly blew the front cap off the steering box molaugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well ,,, i had a psc pump amd ram on my buggy for a short time , one year ?,, never did turn very good ,lots of heat too , finally blew the frt seal, ordered a new psc pump , for convenience to put on, it last about an hour before it blew the frt seal. and it didnt turn easy either,
so im changing to a stock chevy pump , and a surplus city ram if needed to ,

bigs10blazer said:
well ,,, i had a psc pump amd ram on my buggy for a short time , one year ?,, never did turn very good ,lots of heat too , finally blew the frt seal, ordered a new psc pump , for convenience to put on, it last about an hour before it blew the frt seal. and it didnt turn easy either,
so im changing to a stock chevy pump , and a surplus city ram if needed to ,

What is the rest of your setup?

What style pump? There is a whole lot more to the system than just the pump. I have learned a lot more than I thought I knew through this whole ordeal about how finicky these full hydro systems can really be.

Won't be long that Josh Bertschy the new owner of agr performance/steerco will have full hydro systems etc. If I had a problem with my steering he would be muy first call. He offers tech help that no one else can touch and the stuff he is coming out with is excellent. I'm only gonna be running assist this time around but I definitely feel way more confident in running agr's new stuff than that Chinese crap psc puts out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk