• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pushlock Hoses ?

KyTrash

I have been looking at pushlock hoses for my fuel system on my buggy. Is anybody using them, on their buggy ?

I used a bunch of the aeroquip version ones for fuel, trans cooler and steering cooler lines and am happy with them so far. None are submerged in fuel though, not sure if they can take that. The ends are hard to get on, boil the hose end and lube the fittings!

i've used push lock on some stuff like trans cooler, ps cooler, fuel cell vent tube, etc but on the fuel system lines, i used regular AN stuff. maybe the fuel system won't make enough pressure to matter but i didn't want to risk spraying fuel everywhere from a hose pushing off a fitting.

555-1100XX.jpg

I used pushlock on my fuel running 70psi no issues I ran the russel brand from jegs all so ran on transmission and return line on steering

Both car plants here in KC use those things on EVERYTHING!
Only way to get them off is to cut them off, I wouldn't hesitate for a second using them thumb.gif

These kind
fra-200106_group_w.jpg

not these
JIF-21504AP.jpg

You will NEVER get a hose off one of those fittings without cutting it. You'll destroy your hose long before it comes off in one piece. Use them and don't lose a minute of sleep about it.

I just got a bunch of that stuff in for my project that i am going to start this fall.....from everything I have found, it is good stuff.

Brian

The only bad thing bout em is gettn on the dam fitting lube and warming them up is good they suck majoir balls in the winter time installing them and dont stop pushing untill it's all the way on or ull be ****ed. Don't by jegs brand it will not hold up to fuel I've had good luck with the Russell brand from jegs tho

NTIDWELL said:
The only bad thing bout em is gettn on the dam fitting lube and warming them up is good they suck majoir balls in the winter time installing them and dont stop pushing untill it's all the way on or ull be ****ed. Don't by jegs brand it will not hold up to fuel I've had good luck with the Russell brand from jegs tho
Thanks, I will remember this.

NTIDWELL said:

They make a little press like tool we use on them and it works well, not sure what they call it?

Will look around for it.

Found it http://www.barbmaster.com/ we always used this style http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.de7b26ee6a659c147cf26710237ad1ca/?vgnextoid=fcc9b5bbec622110VgnVCM10000032a71dacRCRD&vgnextfmt=EN&vgnextdiv=&vgnextcatid=8219&vgnextcat=PUSH-LOK+ASSEMBLY+AND+CUT-OFF+TOOL&Wtky= kinda pricey but may be worth it if you owned a shop?

Not sure about fuel, but as far as any kind of oil Parker brand is hard to beat.