• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

putting 22re where a 3.0 once was

sandysfull-sizecarnage

like it says man. looking to swap a toy i just bought over to 22re. have another complete running 22re truck just looking to put it in the truck where the v6 was. whats some issues? tranny all mount up and everything? without a doubt i nee motor mounts. anyone got any threads? :awesomework: thanks

Motor mounts need to be changed on the frame rails. You need the engine and tranny from the 22RE (22RE will not bolt to a 3.0 transmission). Lower engine/tranny assembly into truck. Bolt crossmember to tranny and frame, lower engine with mounts bolted to it that you cut off the 22RE frame (or made) to see where you need to weld the mounts on the frame. Tack mounts in. Remove engine/tranny, weld mounts. Reinstall engine/tranny. Once its in, its just wiring, and making sure youre driveshaft lengths are still ok.

~T.J.

EDIT: Heres a thread I started a while back on it. I never actually did this (but I looked at it a lot, and even had the 22RE rebuilt I was going to put in) since I scored a deal on a running rebuilt 3.0 from a rolled truck and just put that in to replace the blown 3.0.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17540

Last edited: