• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Quad work

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
Anyone out there do work on quads and such on the side?

I have an Xtreme ATV quad with a 125 motor. That motor busted a crank outside the case. It still started and ran fine but wouldn't move. I have two other bottom ends for this motor but don't have the time to make the swap.

I have a second Xtreme ATV that I put a 165 pit bike motor in. It ran great yesterday but today I'm getting backpressure out the carb and it won't run much over an idle. I'm not too familiar with the 2cycle engines but it sounds like a problem with the intake reed. I don't know even who made the motor as the shop I bought it from is out of business. It was NW Custom Sand Toys in Tacoma. I can't even get in touch with the manufacturer for parts or info since I don't know who they are.

I'm already in a project with a KFS-80 replacing the starter. You have to pull the flipping motor out to change the starter! I'm going to get that one completed but I need someone to do the other two projects. Any takers or people that you can recommend to do it on the side?

There is a place on Pac. Ave. Next to the Little Park resturant that deals w/ those Grey market quads. Not sure of the name but sign says the have a mech. There is a guy across the street from our shop that runs a bike repair shop out of his house I'll see if I can get his #. He's on 208th in Spanaway.

There is a place on Pac. Ave. Next to the Little Park resturant that deals w/ those Grey market quads. Not sure of the name but sign says the have a mech. There is a guy across the street from our shop that runs a bike repair shop out of his house I'll see if I can get his #. He's on 208th in Spanaway.

Thanks. The quads aren't worth spending a ton of dough on. Any parts I'm missing for the Xtreme are still available at http://www.xtrememotorco.com/Default.aspx.
They're nice quads but I guess the crank shaft is known to have issues.

If you have to end up replacing parts you may be better off buying a used honda motor or something off of Ebay/craigslist :awesomework:

My uncle bought one of those extremes for my little cousin, after a few rides everything started to rattle loose :rolleyes: Thats why i only stick with the major brands such as honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki etc.

If you have to end up replacing parts you may be better off buying a used honda motor or something off of Ebay/craigslist :awesomework:

My uncle bought one of those extremes for my little cousin, after a few rides everything started to rattle loose :rolleyes: Thats why i only stick with the major brands such as honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki etc.

The motor that I did put in was supposed to be pretty good and it ran fine. I don't know what happened between parking it Friday and firing it up on Sunday. It got pretty hot the last time out because the rear brake stuck on - mud...

If you had mud in your rear brake you could have mud in a jet. Even one grain of sand in a big bike will make it run crappy. If it idles fine the pilot jet is probably clear but the main may be plugged. The extreme quads are decent. I have heard of problems with the 125's though. I have also heard that the 90 cc motors have been pretty good to people. Maybe scan CL for a Hon, Yam, Kaw, Suz 125 2 stroke motor to put in the other one?

If you had mud in your rear brake you could have mud in a jet. Even one grain of sand in a big bike will make it run crappy. If it idles fine the pilot jet is probably clear but the main may be plugged. The extreme quads are decent. I have heard of problems with the 125's though. I have also heard that the 90 cc motors have been pretty good to people. Maybe scan CL for a Hon, Yam, Kaw, Suz 125 2 stroke motor to put in the other one?

The 125s are known to have a weak crank shaft.

I pulled the cover off the valve and said hmmm, valve, this is a 4 stroke you dummy. So the reed being messed up isn't the issue. It could be the carb but I'm also suspucious of a damaged exhaust valve. I'm getting back pressure out the carb, like the valve isn't opening properly. I got busy and didn't get to pulling the cover off the exhaust valve yet. I called the guy that Landbruiser recommended and I think I'll take it down to him tomorrow. Jackson's got some friends coming over on Saturday and I'll be lucky to get the starter motor back in and get that quad all reassembled in time.