• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Quadrajet

wgamble

Any of you guys run or ever run a 4 barrel quadrajet carb on your rock crawler? I am reading on other forums where guys are doing this with no problem, but who knows. The propane system seems to be scaring some people off and that is the carb that its mounted to on the 351w. If this was the case, then I should only have to remove the propane, put in a fuel tank/pump, run my lines and dial in the carb right?

If they are right they are great. If they aren't they are scrap. Quadrajet is one of the most complicated carbs in my opinion. If you can manage to get it right and keep it right you'll be ok.

Well, I am selling the rig and lots of people just get turned off with the propane setup.

Really? What is it about propane that's turning them off? Reason I ask is I just converted on to propane from carb I'm going to sell. What are their concerns?

mainly just lack of knowledge. of course mine is not street legal and no title so that is not helping either.

Gotcha. Just figured I would ask. If you want go find someone that's good with quadra jet carbs find an older mechanic that worked on cars at a dealership back in the 60's and 70's. They've forgotten more than most of us youngins will ever know about em.

I will say, I've got an 85 k20 farm truck that we beat around in the woods, wheeled it at hawk pride a few weeks ago, it has a quadrajet and will damn near run upside down. It is the best running carb I've ever ran off-road. I've had a mix of edelbrock and Holley in the past and none have been that good.

Now on to the most important part, who in their right mind would rather purchase a trail only rock crawler with a carb instead of propane. :dunno:
I'd say do what u had to do to sell it it that's the route you want to go.

Re:

I run a quadrajet on the sbc in my yj and it does great. As was said before of you have a worn out quadrajet there is no fixing it, it's just scrap, but if you can find one that isn't worn out then it should do great.

However, If I had a propane setup there is no way I would swap it over to a carb

Ran a q jet on my old ramcharger. Was a dam good carb. Main issue i had was it loading up on me and on long slow climbs it wanted to act stupid sometimes. Other then that i loved it.

An amount of the product of the forum has been critically introduced for the success of the humans. The arrangement of the term and essay writing services has been implemented for the use of the norms and possible instruments for the intellectuals. Services