• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question for my buggy friends.

Horus

How long do you estimate it should take to run all the trails at Walker? From what I've been told the trails tend to form one loop with the V crack somewhere in the loop. I've never been to Walker so I'll need to scout it out anyway. Right now I just want a general idea so I can work out a preliminary time frame for what I'd like to do.

So, Walker Valley. You have a rig with plenty of power, the ability to hit speeds of 50+ mph in low range, 38s and a suspension with plenty of travel split evenly up/down. My rig is designed to lean more toward fast and fun than slow and technical. How long should it take roughly to run every trail and legal bonus line, then back to the trailer at a pace best described as "panic stricken" but without placing fellow users in danger?

Thanks in advance.
:beer:

You could spend a weekend up there, & hit most of the trails.

There's usually a lot of people up there on weekends, & the Expressway can get jammed up with rigs trying to climb "Mossy Rock".

If you want to RACE through tight trees, & boulders, you might want to think about night runnin'

Walker Valley, is kind of a technically oriented park. Not much open racing spots that I know of.

Mike,there's not many places to lay it open that doesn't have some sort of blind corner (not to mention the legal speed limit on logging roads in Walker is 25mph)...the bigger concern is there's LOTS of bikes, wheelers, and ATV's out there on the weekend...I'd be more concerned about this than anything...
As for time to blow through all the trails, including every obstacle--depends on who you have with, and their setup as well. With a small group (no more than 4 equally equipped rigs/driving experience), you can get potentially get through all the trails, and every rig over/through every obstacle in a few hrs...give or take... make a full day of it and run the trails backwards as well...Larger groups do take longer as usually there's a lesser equipped/less experienced driver with said group, and could well make a day of the system...Hell, last time I was out there, Charlie and I were just up for a short run, and we got hooked up with some folks new to the area, and it made for a very fun, entertaining day!:redneck: (And no, their rigs didn't fair well...:haha:)

Shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

Thanks dude. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the rest of the comments guys but sanctioned and weekend is not what I'm putting together.
:awesomework:

Last edited:
You could spend a weekend up there, & hit most of the trails.

There's usually a lot of people up there on weekends, & the Expressway can get jammed up with rigs trying to climb "Mossy Rock".

If you want to RACE through tight trees, & boulders, you might want to think about night runnin'

Walker Valley, is kind of a technically oriented park. Not much open racing spots that I know of.

WOW and you really said that Walker is a technically challenging area????? where have you been wheeling??????:wtf:

I went up there with Super Samurai ridding shot gun and a map. We did everything we could find solo in 4 to 5 hrs. This was a few years ago.

That was 98% of the trails one direction
then 90 % of the trails the other(backwards) direction
then about 50% of the trails again looking for a group.

And that was only at a moderate pace and it was solo. You know my rig, do it in a buggy in less time.

It was fun but not someplace I will be making the trek back for any time soon. Naches is closer.

WOW and you really said that Walker is a technically challenging area????? where have you been wheeling??????:wtf:

I would classify it as more technical then some...less then others. If I had to categorize it I would go with technical. I will say most well equipped buggy's will not find it extremely challenging. But it's still a fun place, and differs extmely with the time of year.

How long do you estimate it should take to run all the trails at Walker? From what I've been told the trails tend to form one loop with the V crack somewhere in the loop. I've never been to Walker so I'll need to scout it out anyway. Right now I just want a general idea so I can work out a preliminary time frame for what I'd like to do.

So, Walker Valley. You have a rig with plenty of power, the ability to hit speeds of 50+ mph in low range, 38s and a suspension with plenty of travel split evenly up/down. My rig is designed to lean more toward fast and fun than slow and technical. How long should it take roughly to run every trail and legal bonus line, then back to the trailer at a pace best described as "panic stricken" but without placing fellow users in danger?

Thanks in advance.

You driving..........
30 minutes to drive it
2 hours to find your way
6 hours waiting for rigs

:stirpot:

I stand by what I said if you know where your going and not stopping to BS in a good rig its a couple hours.

I stand by what I said if you know where your going and not stopping to BS in a good rig its a couple hours.

I am basing my time estimate for the Walker leg solely from your opinion. It confirmed what I already assumed. Similar to Tahuya and Evans.

Latest posts