• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Race Mirrors

Bumping up an older thread to see long-term opinions on side mirrors.

Follow up on how everyone is liking their Race Mirror/other brand side mirrors?

ridered3 said:
Bumping up an older thread to see long-term opinions on side mirrors.

Follow up on how everyone is liking their Race Mirror/other brand side mirrors?

Love mine, taken a lot of tree abuse, as in bending them backwards. I have mine aimed at the leading edge of the rear tires to assist in placing the tires using rear steer. As they are convex, I can also see rearward rigs using the top edge of the mirror. One of the best mods.

Watch this video on Pick Yur Poison starting at about 3:15.

https://www.facebook.com/John.Galbreath.Jr/videos/10153663541757346/

JohnG said:
Love mine, taken a lot of tree abuse, as in bending them backwards. I have mine aimed at the leading edge of the rear tires to assist in placing the tires using rear steer. As they are convex, I can also see rearward rigs using the top edge of the mirror. One of the best mods.

Watch this video on Pick Yur Poison starting at about 3:15.

https://www.facebook.com/John.Galbreath.Jr/videos/10153663541757346/

Great review. Been watching JR's thread on the mirrors and been considering some for my XJ although it's a pretty non-hardcore setup versus tube buggies and Ultra4 rigs.

Still like having one Convex mirror and one Standard or would you change the mirror type?

ridered3 said:
Great review. Been watching JR's thread on the mirrors and been considering some for my XJ although it's a pretty non-hardcore setup versus tube buggies and Ultra4 rigs.

Still like having one Convex mirror and one Standard or would you change the mirror type?

I bought one each, convex and straight. Swapped to a second convex after a couple rides. He told me the part number to go buy.

JohnG said:
I bought one each, convex and straight. Swapped to a second convex after a couple rides. He told me the part number to go buy.

Thanks for the info. Will look into what he's got to offer that could work on the XJ since he builds/sells so many types of mirrors now.