• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Raceline beadlocks going flat at low psi

86silvercrawler

I have a set or 15x8 raceline monsters on 39in iroks and if I run 7 psi or lower they will leak out of the back side. For say you park it with low psi on a hill u can see the bead wrinkling around the rim on the backside and it goes flat within seconds. What can I do? I figure a $1200 set of wheels should be able to run 6 or 7 psi on a Toyota rig without going flat. Do they sell 15in PVC inserts? Duck tape the bead or what?

Re:

Wrap 3 layers of duct tape around the inner bead. That will raise the bead a bit. I do that to my H2's and Reds

A 39 inch iroc might be a little to wide to run on an 8 inch rim. 39x13.50 right. I run 40x13.50's on a 9.75 raceline with no burping issues.

Re:

Rokcrler said:
Wrap 3 layers of duct tape around the inner bead. That will raise the bead a bit. I do that to my H2's and Reds
This works! Almost too good. If you do this be sure to take them to a shop when you have to unmount them or be prepared for a fight :****:

39" irocks always seem to burp air. I have had zero issues running race lines and pitbulls. 5 psi for snow wheeling and never had a problem.

I run a bead of silicone around the inside bead. Air up overnight to 25 pounds. Next day reduce to run air pressure.

I use regular bead sealer from co-op haven't had a problem with my race lines leaking down in two years I put it on the inner and outer running 43 SX