• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Racing style chassis

JDodd

I started playing around with designing a racing style chassis to see if anyone would want to have it built.
It was designed to run 39's with coil overs and bypasses at each corner with a over all height around 6'.

Nice work. You are going to need to redo the trailing arm set up. You have to control the roll of the arm. There are several ways to do it. Shoot me a P.M. with your number and I will give you a call and we can discuss it further. Maybe I can save you some learning curve money based on my experience with trailing arm design. Also, if you are going to run coil overs and bypass shocks. You have to have bump stops and limit straps.

Im interested on how you can control the roll, most people I've seen just let the shock limit it.

I havent thought too much about doing a kit, would people want just the plates or the whole package with the tubes?

JDodd said:
Im interested on how you can control the roll, most people I've seen just let the shock limit it.

I havent thought too much about doing a kit, would people want just the plates or the whole package with the tubes?

Think most are using delrin spacers on both sides of the shock(s) eyes on the trauling arm mount(s). not that big of a deal

Re: Racing style chassis

I would think plates tubes brackets. Everything you got in the pictures kinda like goat built chassis only a more racer friendly style.

93redjeep said:
I would think plates tubes brackets. Everything you got in the pictures kinda like goat built chassis only a more racer friendly style.

except the fully plate subframe that incorporates all link mounts and shock mounts...

Goat Built Ibex
649380d1327652558-new-ibex-4-seat-chassis-goat-built-tube-side.jpg

About the only thing I see similar is that they are drawn with 3D modeling software and used gray and orange for part colors.... ???

93redjeep said:

Kinda like goatbuilt but doesn't look like a crackerbox designed by a cubist

Maybe he meant like Goatbuilt as in the kit form? This chassis has a look all it's own and I like it!

Re: Re: Re: Racing style chassis

JDodd said:

I'd say just the plates/subframe.

Then anyone could build the tube work however they wanted.

or both, i really dig the tubework on it. if you made a kit with plasma or lazer cut notches that would be really awesome

Yes I meant as a kit like goat built. I was referring to the fact goat built sells his with different options and I would think this would be popular. Amazing how words can't be misconstrued on a forum because someone reads it differently than you meant to write it.

I would sell all the plates as a kit but it will be a while before I would sell a the tubes as a kit.

Really want to find someone who wants a roller so I make sure everything fits right see if there is anything to change