• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Radflo air shocks..

tj40ounce

Anyone run them?

I was set on 16" Sway-a-ways for my truggy build, 2.0". I found them as cheap as $450 shipped.

There is a pbb vendor that sells Radflo air shocks for $440 shipped w/custom valving for my application. The shaft diameter is slightly smaller than the SAW's, which I guess can be a good thing in regards to weight/fluid capacity.

TJ, are you really trying to save $10.00 by buying no name shocks? I would go with the sway-aways and be done with it.

Also I dont think I would go smaller than 2". your rig is going to be heavy.

fprbrooks said:
TJ, are you really trying to save $10.00 by buying no name shocks? I would go with the sway-aways and be done with it.

It's not the money aspect, it is that they will valve the shocks to my rig. I'm not sure how hard it is to dial these shocks in..

I've seen them 1st hand...you get what you pay for. They look pretty cheesy but I have no idea of how well they work or how long they will last.

fprbrooks said:

The SAW's and the radflow's are both 2", but the shaft diameter is slightly smaller on the radflow's, which may allow the shock to handle more weight because of the increased fluid capacity.....

From experience.. no one can valve a shock over the phone properly.. there are to many variables

Atlas VS Stak. You be the judge. Same basic idea, You get whatcha pay for.

tj40ounce said:
The SAW's and the radflow's are both 2", but the shaft diameter is slightly smaller on the radflow's, which may allow the shock to handle more weight because of the increased fluid capacity.....
No, just more likely that you'll bend a shaft. That small difference in oil volume ain't gonna do anything for you. Go with the SAWs. If valving is going to be an issue for you, then you'll be learning how to rebuild the shocks and make up your own stacks anyways.

skrause said:
No, just more likely that you'll bend a shaft. That small difference in oil volume ain't gonna do anything for you. Go with the SAWs. If valving is going to be an issue for you, then you'll be learning how to rebuild the shocks and make up your own stacks anyways.

Bigger is better. Thanks for the replies all.. :redneck:

Bunk said:
Atlas VS Stak. You be the judge. Same basic idea, You get whatcha pay for.

Ok..I give up which one is more money?

I've been running my Atlas for over 5 years w/o issues....I guess I got what I paid for :clappy:

Jobless said:
Ok..I give up which one is more money?

I've been running my Atlas for over 5 years w/o issues....I guess I got what I paid for :clappy:

Proven design before cost savings? I have no idea what a STAK coosts, I do know that a Atlas is proven. And its backed by a company, Not 3 guys with a dream.

Tottaly stirring, But its my opinion.

I agree that you will never get properly valved shocks over the phone. You have to do them yourself to get them dialed in. If you dont want to spend the time to tune them then just do yourself a favor and get air shocks.

Here is a tiny write up I just did for my Fox's. I can valve a shock once its out of the rig in about 30 mins.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539980&page=4

I dont know how to do the fancy show just certain links thing. The rebuild starts on post 185.

Erik D_lux said:
I agree that you will never get properly valved shocks over the phone. You have to do them yourself to get them dialed in. If you dont want to spend the time to tune them then just do yourself a favor and get air shocks.

Here is a tiny write up I just did for my Fox's. I can valve a shock once its out of the rig in about 30 mins.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539980&page=4

I dont know how to do the fancy show just certain links thing. The rebuild starts on post 185.

Thanks for the link... Looks good. Radiator is :cool: as well..

Thanks again-

I am going to place an order this week on these bad boys in the 16" variety...

2007airshock-500.jpg

:cheer:

H3RESQ said:
The reason the diameter is slightly smaller on the RADFLO's is because there out of Australia(I think). They use the metric system.
I spoke with thim a little at offroad impact. There coilovers looked pretty good to me. There definitially not the same quality as racerunner, but there nice. See pics here.> http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418241

South Africa, but same difference...

For the small price difference, I am going to go with the well known SAW's. If I ever needs replacement parts, etc. I think I will have an easier time getting them since they are sold by many different vendors. Plus, I get free shipping on the shocks and on the JJoints as well...:redneck:

TTF Fabrication said:
that is hilarious, because ECT runs staks and radflo's. yet most guys run an atlas and sway-a-ways or the like.

They probably got smokin deals on their cheap parts.