• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCV install help

Bebop

Hey Guys,

Any tips to install RCV axles in a Dana60?

I can't get the damn CV in the boot. It just pops out every time.

Thansk

Re:

3 zip ties slipped in like triangle orientation.
Wood block on splines, smack with hammer

8363a57747f3ca013367c957bd7918c6.jpg

Breaks the vacuum/pressure seal

Re:

Rokcrler said:
3 zip ties slipped in like triangle orientation.
Wood block on splines, smack with hammer

That's awesome !
I ended up removing the knuckles and it went in very easy.
I'll remember that !

The easiest way I have found is take a heat gun and warm the boots and then just push the axle and it will pop in

Re:

Bebop said:
That's awesome !
I ended up removing the knuckles and it went in very easy.
I'll remember that !
Easiest way I have found. :****:

Throw the boots in some boiling water for a few seconds. Works really well. That's the trick mr Bobby Long told me yrs ago

jccarter1 said:
The easiest way I have found is take a heat gun and warm the boots and then just push the axle and it will pop in

POR said:
Throw the boots in some boiling water for a few seconds. Works really well. That's the trick mr Bobby Long told me yrs ago

Would that mess with the warranty or anything like that? My buddy's boot we ripped installing it and they charged his ass for a new one.

Re: Re: RCV install help

jeeptj99 said:
Would that mess with the warranty or anything like that? My buddy's boot we ripped installing it and they charged his ass for a new one.
How much are the boots?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: RCV install help

Mortalis5509 said:
How much are the boots?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
$90 retail
$65 through a vendor usually

jeeptj99 said:

Nope they won't rip, you only have them in the boiling water for like 30 seconds makes them nice soft and pliable. They harden right back up when they cool off.

i did the same when I first installed a set, finally got mad and pried them on with a bar , I was able to get a few spindle nuts started so the shaft wouldn't pop out. you wont damage the boot they are a lot stronger then I thought