• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Re: 1 1/2 ton rockwell's $600---Sold

Land Yacht

I have a set of 1 1/2 ton rockwell's. the gear ratio is 6:80, the front has u-joint shafts, the rear is a full floater. the front will need drive flanges to lock the axle to the hub, because the covers that are on it are just dummy covers that allow the axle to serve as a roller. I'm also up for trades or partial trades for buggy stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: 1 1/2 ton rockwell's $600 with 6(stock) duce and half wheels and tires

You still have rocks?

Re: 1 1/2 ton rockwell's $600

Look like Eaton axles not Rockwell's. Bolt pattern should be 6 lug something like 6on7.25 smaller than Rockwell. Early 70's Kaiser axles maybe but I am not sure. Any idea what they are out of?

No sir, these are not the Eaton axles. these are are definitely rockwells. There are factory rockwell tags with all the axle info on both of the axle housings and rockwell castings all over them. I thought the same thing when I bought them. As for what they came out of I'm not sure. because I bought them from some one that bought them from his friend and as of now no one knows what they originally came in. :****: :driving:

Can you get some close-ups of the tags on the axles?

J. J.

yes they are still for sale and I'll try to get a close up of the tags or write down all the info and post it up in a day or so.

Thanks

C103 axles

they use the same housing as the standard 2.5 ton Rockwell. These are available in a ton of different gear ratios.

If you've ever torn apart a 2.5 ton rockwell and notived the two notches in the center of the housing (where the drop out third goes in behind the bolts) that is the clearance for the ring gear for this drop out.

These are lighter than a "normal" rockwell axle and have a typical ring gear and pinion so they don't rob all the horse power to turn the double reduction unit.

The pics are so small its hard to see. The rear looks like it could be a 103 but the front does not. I'm not a rockwell expert but I haven't heard of any C103 fronts. Hence wanting to see the tags ...

In fact, the front looks like a completely different chunk that I saw once in some rockwell literature that wasn't about C103's. I can't find that literature at the moment though.

J. J.

Latest posts