• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear disk brake convertion

CSRACING

has anyone done a rear disk brake convertion on a toyota pickup/4 runner rear end what rotors where used what calipers, ect thanks chris

88 & up chev 1/2 ton rotors and 81 montecarlo calipers. The center of the rotors need to be machined out to fit over the the lip on the toyota axle.

do you like the kit what size tires u running did you change anything else master cyc. the rear valve thing ect
where did you buy the kit from thanks chris

I have it on my D/D 94 4runner that rolls on 38's. I bought my kit from Sky manufacturing. I bought the rotors, brakelines and brackets for $220 I think. I also used a adjstable proportioning(sp) valve, and did away with the factory load sensing prop valve and replaced it with a 2 lb residual valve in the rear. I upgrade the Master cylinder to a 98 Land Cruiser, because I had a low pedal. Once I put the L/C master cylinder on it was fixed. I liked it so much I did the same to my Rock Crawler an '85 4runner.

I have it on my D/D 94 4runner that rolls on 38's. I bought my kit from Sky manufacturing. I bought the rotors, brakelines and brackets for $220 I think. I also used a adjstable proportioning(sp) valve, and did away with the factory load sensing prop valve and replaced it with a 2 lb residual valve in the rear. I upgrade the Master cylinder to a 98 Land Cruiser, because I had a low pedal. Once I put the L/C master cylinder on it was fixed. I liked it so much I did the same to my Rock Crawler an '85 4runner.

Ditto.... I also replaced the brake booster at the same time.

I bought my set-up from Bunk. They came off his old truck. But I am pretty sure it is a Sky kit.\

I love the stopping and holding power with my 38.5's. Huge difference even over upgrading the stock rear drums to the 11" drums from the 86 and newer trucks.(When you put the wider axle in)

cool well i will have to do that i just got my 38.5 bogger on and when i get my 4 runner done i want to beable to stop i just put a 3.4 tacoma motor in my 90 runner its got 8+ in sys. and a 3 body i just cant wait to get it done i am on workmans comp do to a injury and all my money pays the rent and bills right now and i need a wireing adapter from off road solitions to plug my 3.4 and ecu into my body harness unless any one know somebody who knows how to make these works any ways ORS make a wiring kit that plugs right in but its like 700. dollars so even when i get my brakes done i still cant start it and drive it it suck Fu<king injurys

Ditto.... I also replaced the brake booster at the same time.

I bought my set-up from Bunk. They came off his old truck. But I am pretty sure it is a Sky kit.\

I love the stopping and holding power with my 38.5's. Huge difference even over upgrading the stock rear drums to the 11" drums from the 86 and newer trucks.(When you put the wider axle in)

This is the only way to go:awesomework: I have had this set up on my truck for 4 years now works awesome.:D

so does the land cruiser master cyc bolt up to my brake booster and who make the after market prop valve thanks chris

so does the land cruiser master cyc bolt up to my brake booster and who make the after market prop valve thanks chris

I put a 92 fj80 master on my stock 85 booster no problem, You will have to twist/bend yer hard lines up to match up the outlets. The sky kit is a major upgrade to a toy when running bigger tires. I had a homebrew rear disc kit before, but the floating gm caliper on the sky mount was the cats meow. Sky sells everything you need to straight up bolt it on in one day, Machined rotors and all.

sky makes one of the best rear kits around

for front i used the trail gear kit that uses later model parts to the early trucks, you will have to use a grinder on a few areas to clear and you can not use tape on wheel weights with the trail gear kit i also use the power booster from a later model truck, but i think i am going to go to a summit custom 6 inch unit this fall

Latest posts