• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear mount radiator questions

yota38strong

I've got a truck with a chevy 350 with rear mount radiator electric fan. It has a bleed screw about 4 inches above the thermostat housing. My question is I'm having problems with it trying to run hot not much above idle. Any suggestions how to try fix it. It doesn't seem to have an air pocket but it is possible. Any advice is appreciated.
7ede2237763ea9bfb2ac4246c3f9070a.jpg
cebb66811043b1470f66b29cceabeabf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

try backing up a steep hill to where your radiator cap is the highest point in the system and bleed the air out that way. Also you could pull your t-stat and drill small holes around the perimeter (maybe like 4 ) so the water can pass through when bleeding the air. Thats how bled my rear radiator.

Looks like you maybe limiting air flow by the rad being so close to the (floor, bed bottom) has it ever worked properly in that position.?
Also seems like mud debri etc would accumulate between there also and limit the air flow..... Jus sayin.

Re:

The bottom of the bed is cut out underneath the radiator, there is no resistance in air flow. I will try bleeding the air out that way. It done fine until I seen a small leak, fixed it and have had problems ever since.

Mine will appear to be full but the gauge will bounce around due to an air pocket. I can back up on a hill and get almost a whole gallon in it. I don't run a thermostat in mine though

Move the radiator to where the cap is the highest point or you will battle this until you get pissed off and sell it.

When you take the radiator cap off, are you seeing signs of flow inside? Could be water pump is not pushing and has an air bubble. :dunno:

Re:

It seems to be working properly now, backed it up on a small hill and let it run and think I've got all the air out now. Thanks for the advice. I knew you guys were worth something.