• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rear springs up front

datsunon40s

I am running 44044s up front and the axle is not far enough farward can anybody send me pics of their rig with rears up front so I can see

I used two rear sets ('85 and '88 years) together and relocated the center pin back a few inches.

I don't know where 44044s pin hole is, but here's Toyota's specs...

79-85 Toyota front
Flat length = 45"
Front Half = 22.5"
Rear Half = 22.5"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 18mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

79-83 Toyota Rear
Flat length = 48"
Front Half = 21.125"
Rear Half = 26.875"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 18mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

84-88 Toyota Rear
Flat length = 48"
Front Half = 20.5"
Rear Half = 27.5"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 14mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

89-95 Toyota Rear
Flat length = 51"
Front Half = 21.5"
Rear Half = 29.5"
Width = 2.36"
Front Eyelet = 14mm ID
Rear Eyelet = 18mm ID

This is about as close to a straight side shot as I can give...

dsc6385ye3.jpg

And that's redrilled back a few inches.

What mainspring did you use there? the rear or the front?
If you used the front, the center pin bolt hole would be in the same spot unless you redrilled it. I was under the impression most people build a whole new pack out of two rear packs.

~T.J.

put it this way with the springs i have and a custom hanger that puts the front spring holes another 1 1/2 forward i clear 39.5s no problem

So a guy could use the stock front main spring in order to not ha ve to make any changes to steering geometry and such correct? I'm trying to figure out how to get just a smidge of lift out of the front end without having to re-configure all of my steering.

That looks good man, 2 questions.
1. Are those 35's and if so, what kind of problems did you run into with tires rubbing at full turn.
2. What are your plans for the rear lift.

Kevin

That is my old Runner that I ended up selling. The tires are 11.00R16 XZL's... they were a touch taller than a 39.5 TSL. On the front I didn't have rubbing issues at all, and I didn't cut anything off the rear of the front fenders. I only trimmed the core support and front of the front fenders. On the rear I ran 57" F150 springs and a 1" block.

DSCN3021.jpg

RUnner_in_the_sun.jpg

That is my old Runner that I ended up selling. The tires are 11.00R16 XZL's... they were a touch taller than a 39.5 TSL. On the front I didn't have rubbing issues at all, and I didn't cut anything off the rear of the front fenders. I only trimmed the core support and front of the front fenders. On the rear I ran 57" F150 springs and a 1" block.

DSCN3021.jpg

RUnner_in_the_sun.jpg

how did you get that 8274 so tucked in ???

Latest posts