• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rear sump pan on tacoma now i need to...

sastaco

i just put a t100 rear sump oil pan on my tacoma to claer hy-steer and i cant seem to find the spot for the t100 dip stick and dipstick tube. any pointers would be appreciated. thanks, Ryan

i just put a t100 rear sump oil pan on my tacoma to claer hy-steer and i cant seem to find the spot for the t100 dip stick and dipstick tube. any pointers would be appreciated. thanks, Ryan

you did change the pickup too?

on the side of the block on the driver side is a flat spot kinda angled in. Some are drilled and have a dummy bung pressed in, others are not drilled.

If not drilled, I prefer to plate the side of the pan and weld the dipstick reciever tube to the pan and support it with a few gussets at the pan and a bracket close to the opening at the top.........kinda like a chevy VAN oil pan. Then I just cut the stock one and slide it back in to plug the stock tube up front.

I did Odies red truck this way years ago. :awesomework:

Just dont go to jiffylube, the techs will wonder why it has two dipsticks!!!:beer:

you did change the pickup too?

on the side of the block on the driver side is a flat spot kinda angled in. Some are drilled and have a dummy bung pressed in, others are not drilled.

If not drilled, I prefer to plate the side of the pan and weld the dipstick reciever tube to the pan and support it with a few gussets at the pan and a bracket close to the opening at the top.........kinda like a chevy VAN oil pan. Then I just cut the stock one and slide it back in to plug the stock tube up front.

I did Odies red truck this way years ago. :awesomework:

Just dont go to jiffylube, the techs will wonder why it has two dipsticks!!!:beer:

Any Pics of this project ? Good article for the tech section:awesomework:

The dipstick tube runs into the block, IIRC.

The last time I SAS'd a Tacoma, we just kept the stock dipstick and tube. In fact, I've still got the T100 parts sitting in the storage room after 6 years :rolleyes:

What year taco? I think it was about 2000 that they started not having the plugged bung on the drivers side. I just used a punch to knock the plug out from the bottom side before I sealed the new pan on. I'll try to snap a pic tonight since my truck is on jack stands now anyways