• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reciprocating saws which one?

Thank you all, please keep the info coming!!

I have delt with a dewalt with the quick change and 4 way blade holder, it worked well

I have also delt with an older millwalke sawzall and it worked great.

Sounds like overall the Dewalt or Milwalke with a more of a lean on the millwalke.

Pokey- rough idea of how many you have killed? Brands you have tried?

Any one else for the same question?

Thank you all, please keep the info coming!!

I have delt with a dewalt with the quick change and 4 way blade holder, it worked well

I have also delt with an older millwalke sawzall and it worked great.

Sounds like overall the Dewalt or Milwalke with a more of a lean on the millwalke.

Pokey- rough idea of how many you have killed? Brands you have tried?

Any one else for the same question?

Hitachis (several) Makita (a couple) Black and decker, craftsman (black and decker) Porter cable (still not a bad saw) Even the milwalkes break (got one I need to fix in the shop right now) but overall still the best sawzall out there.

Hitachis (several) Makita (a couple) Black and decker, craftsman (black and decker) Porter cable (still not a bad saw) Even the milwalkes break (got one I need to fix in the shop right now) but overall still the best sawzall out there.

I completely agree. :awesomework:

In addition, B&D, Porter Cable, and Dewalt are the same company. Sharing a majority of parts with each other. From a grade persepective:

Good: dewalt

meh: Porter Cable

bad: Black and decker

It will be corded. Batteries just dont last that long.

Keep the opions coming please!

dont pinch pennies.

I would love to get a USED milwaukie more than a NEW run of the mill saw.

I have been using an old makita for 15 years. I finally wore it out last year. Its been a great saw.

I had been looking for a replacement on craigslist for awhile. The ol lady got me a saw for my birthday.

Its a SKILL brand sawsall. ITS A POS. I hate it. I hate it with all my heart.

Im a sawzall master. I can cut a rig up with just one blade. I have a love/hate relationship with them.

I cant cut **** with this tank.

Its got some whacked out spaceage handle on it thats too big to fit in my old case.

Its HEAVY, and not cuz its heavy duty either.

It has a ****ed up trigger. Its like a cheap RC car with a delay. It dont run till the trigger is held for 2 seconds. Do ya know how annoying that is?

I could go on and on, but long story short Im still looking for a used milwaukie and this will just be a spare machine.

If yer gonna cheap out, just get him a shirt and a can of peanuts.:beer:

the first sawzal I bought was in 82...it lasted into the 90's. now I have 2 super sawzals...cordless is nice but I was building homes and only ran cordless drills, not saws.
Used many different kinds but I like the Milwakee

If cutting metal get a varible speed one for sure. Full throttle just heats the blade till its blue and worthless.

And for what I do,

I hate cordless sawzalls

They are a POS. Half a cut, new battery, almost cut, another battery.

Then ya will wonder why the batteries go to **** so fast. Its cuz they are over worked and pretty soon wont even accept or hold a full charge.

They have TONS of them at my buddies wrecking yard and the pile of broken ones is even bigger.

I would rather use red and green snips if a cordless tool is a must.

I've got one of the cheap HF ones. Rotating head, variable speed, quick blade release, they did their homework on features to copy for sure, and for $20 bucks if it still runs this time next year I'll be more than happy with it.

I've got one of the cheap HF ones. Rotating head, variable speed, quick blade release, they did their homework on features to copy for sure, and for $20 bucks if it still runs this time next year I'll be more than happy with it.

I am sorry but I have never been inpressed by the HF junk. They dont hold up if they even work at all.

I've got the same one and for $35 including what amounts to a lifetime warranty I'm happy enough with it. Yes I do want a high amp billy bad ass sawzall eventually but when I can beat the FAWK out of the saw and bust it into many pieces then cruise a few blocks to HF and they warranty the saw and return then resell me the warranty so it never runs out I'm ecstatic. :redneck:

It's sad when I've never ran the guard on a sawzall and not killed the quick release but a buddy has gone through a couple dewalts just because the quick release breaks. :haha:

I am sorry but I have never been inpressed by the HF junk. They dont hold up if they even work at all.

I didn't say it was impressive compared to a high end Sawzall, I needed a recip. saw and i'm a broke mother ****er. I'm impressed with it for a $20 saw. I've done a lot of things that can and should break a reciprocating saw with this one and it just keeps going.

Last edited:

Latest posts