• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Trails Cleanup OCTOBER 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
x2 for me, but I'm not super outgoing either, kinda reserved sometimes. I had lots of fun though and look forward to future events and wheeling runs to meet more people. Many thanks to everyone who helped spot my little red yj through the stairsteps. Now that I've seen it done by more rigs I feel like a :looser: for pulling cable there. I'll get it next time! :awesomework:

Yeah, and I was the guy telling you to go for it! :redneck:
Crusty was spotting you. I dunno, seems you got lots of attention there to me! I had to turn around there, so I don't know what happened to you after that and Matt and Crusty had to zip by you to rescue me, so if you felt left behind, that is why. See Karl's "Hey Comet" thread in chatterbox for details :redneck:

Nope I didn't feel left behind, just new. We followed that white jeep in front of us up sac up (Joe I think?) then ran rock garden after lunch with Stealthrunner and several others. I had a great time, its just awkward being the new guy and a stranger from the internet too, but everyone I met was really cool. :D

That was you on the stair steps after Joe? Shoulda said something, I was the guy in the white YJ two rigs behind you.

The white YJ that double-whammied the soft top on rock garden? That was cool :awesomework: I was a couple rigs ahead of you through rock garden too, probably causing more traffic jams :haha:

you boys need to learn to speak up.

x2 for me, but I'm not super outgoing either, kinda reserved sometimes. I had lots of fun though and look forward to future events and wheeling runs to meet more people. Many thanks to everyone who helped spot my little red yj through the stairsteps. Now that I've seen it done by more rigs I feel like a :looser: for pulling cable there. I'll get it next time! :awesomework:

Next time. :D I'll hit the caffine harder in the morning, be more chatty, and drive my jeep like I know what I'm doing. :haha:

Theres a sign in sheet for those things? Ive been to like three, and no one ever told me there was as sign in sheet... Wow, I feel like a noob. You can add two to whatever your count was. Ashes and I were there and picked up a bunch of garbage. Then again, Ive been late all three times and missed the morning meeting - maybe its put out there? Were there signs or anything?

When I first got there I needed water for my radiator from a pinhole leak I forgot to top off. I walked over to the tables to try and see if anyone had some (which I found, thanks. I think you were Toyotanut), but I stood there for a few minutes before there was a silence and I just blurted it out. No one asked who I was, greeted, nothing. It was a little awkward.

I know I stood at the tables with Ashley for a while after that kinda just looking around trying to figure it all out. After the few people behind the tables just stood there silently for a while looking at us, we finally gave up and just went out looking for garbage. When we had my bed full we came back to try and find bags again. We found them out on the tables, but I had to ask if we could take them. I didn't know if it was a "sign in to get supplies" type thing or not, but couldn't find a sign in sheet. The people standing behind the table kinda stared at us, and I finally asked. A simple "do you need bags or gloves?" would have been nice for those who didn't know what the heck was going on.

Comet (I think that was Comet) was also the only one who took a step out to show us what was going on about lunch since we were late for that too from picking up garbage. Granted, we were just trying to stay dry and wait for another group of friends near the table, but the food was nice to even have been offered. Everyone else just stood around looking at us like we were lost. We even walked over by the grill, and the group there ignored us too. If the person making the food had asked if we wanted food, then explained how to get it, that would have been nice. There was even a conversation about how much food was leftover and what the heck to do with it while we were standing there by the tables having not eaten yet with no offer or question as to if we had eaten yet or not, wanted more, or whatever to help get rid of it.

I've never said this before, but all in all, the three times Ive gone there, Ive walked around quite a bit, and it seems as if you don't know anyone in real life, you don't get talked to at all there. I know Ashley doesn't like going simply because its awkward to stand around with people who ignore you the whole time unless they know who you are.

Basically, I think if you're going to have people standing behind official looking tables, I think they need to put the effort forward to greet and explain whats going on to people who approach - ESPECIALLY if they dont know who they are! Dont just stand there leaning against the truck the whole time making it seem like you cant wait until we leave.

What if I had no clue what was going on, and I just happened to come use Reiter that weekend? I get there and walk up to the tables to see whats going on. I see RTW t-shirts, see all the food and stuff, yet no one asks who I am, or offers to explain? I think I would get the feeling like its a "club thing" and I don't belong. Then Id walk away. Thats a person you could have just educated, let know about the forum, told them what we are trying to do there, or hell, asked if they wanted to help! I thought we were there to help the land. I think a big part of that is educating and making contact with the group thats larger than your own here on the internet - the general public. That would involve having people actually be friendly, and greet people who approach.

Ive been to a number of forum meets with other forums before I got into the wheeling scene, and its definitely always been different. This is the only group that hasn't gone the extra mile to try and make you feel welcome, and that they're glad you came to the event. I've also been the son of a president of a motorcycle club, and I know when I used to follow my Dad around at our club meets, he would make it a point to try and welcome everyone, explain the events that are going on, etc at the ticket table.

Just my two cents I guess. Take it for what its worth. Let the bashing of my ignorance begin. I'm still glad I came.

~T.J.

Hey dude. Sorry you didn't get a warm fuzzy from us folks at the cleanup. I have no idea who you are. If you would have come up to us folks behind the tables and simply asked "Hey!! What do I need to do?" And maybe introduced yourself, we would have been more accomidating.

It sounds like you have been to previous cleanups. We always have folks sign in. Just because we aren't surrounding you with our love, doesn't mean we don't appreciate you or any of the other folks that come out to help. This isn't the military, we don't order people around and expect them to fall in line.

There have been LOTS of folks over this and previous cleanups that simply come to the tables, and ask "Hey! What's going on?" we let them know and for the most part, they grab bags and help out. Some folks just say thanks and continue what they were doing. RTW is not a club, nor do we do club things. We are an organization that works to maintain what we have.

I'm sorry guy. Thanks for showing up to the cleanup, but if it seems like you are getting ignored, maybe you sould speak up for yourself. We had 200 people there, we can't keep track of everyone. Nor do I have any idea what anyone there is doing. We aren't going out to greet everyone. We have stuff to do too.

Sorry you had a bad time.

Last edited:
Like I said, I had been to previous ones, but I was always late and missed the announcement/meeting in the AM. Then, if I was out picking up trash, it would be hard to hear the PA, lol.

At least Im not the only one that had the feeling, haha. I know who most of you are though between pictures Ive seen posted, or people using your names, its just awkward when you dont know me is all. As for coming up and asking what I needed to do, that would be easier if people even really acknowledged the fact people were standing there. Like I said, most of the time they were just leaning up against the truck not really paying attention, doing something else, or conversing with others behind the table. I didnt want to inturrupt per say. Usually when you approach a counter or a table, someone will ask if they can help, you dont have to initiate anything.

I even tried talking to the few people I knew there when they were in a "group" setting so that I might get introduced or I could introduce myself, but that didnt work out either, haha.

By the way Karl, I was standing next to you when you were handed that turbo, and someone told you they had the intercooler for it too, haha

I dont know, I think the main feeling of my post may have been off base. I had a good time, I saw some cool stuff, I picked up some trash, I ate some good food, I had fun with my new tires. I was just trying to toss some thoughts out there to be considered. By all means will I try and make the next one.

~T.J.

That is why I wore my sweat shirt with name on it so someone at least knew who I was if I didn't know them. I apologize for you not feeling welcome. Jason (toyotanut) and I pretty much figured out who you two were by your rigs. I guess we should have been more friendly and introduced ourselves. I figured my sweatshirt gave me away though.

I see people every year and recognize many. I still don't know everyone either. Heck I recognize people and still forget who they are :haha: The sign up sheets were at the table next to the bags/gloves.

yes the morning thing is set up where a big announcement is given to explain how things run, where things are at, where to get everything and how to get the tickets for the food. I didn't know you were both so uncomfortable though. I do apologize. I will remember next time to be more outgoing and introduce myself.
jason made me feel unwelcome, he gave me a hard time for being late.

Hey dude. Sorry you didn't get a warm fuzzy from us folks at the cleanup. I have no idea who you are. If you would have come up to us folks behind the tables and simply asked "Hey!! What do I need to do?" And maybe introduced yourself, we would have been more accomidating.

It sounds like you have been to previous cleanups. We always have folks sign in. Just because we aren't surrounding you with our love, doesn't mean we don't appreciate you or any of the other folks that come out to help. This isn't the military, we don't order people around and expect them to fall in line.

There have been LOTS of folks over this and previous cleanups that simply come to the tables, and ask "Hey! What's going on?" we let them know and for the most part, they grab bags and help out. Some folks just say thanks and continue what they were doing. RTW is not a club, nor do we do club things. We are an organization that works to maintain what we have.

I'm sorry guy. Thanks for showing up to the cleanup, but if it seems like you are getting ignored, maybe you sould speak up for yourself. We had 200 people there, we can't keep track of everyone. Nor do I have any idea what anyone there is doing. We aren't going out to greet everyone. We have stuff to do too.

Sorry you had a bad time.
oh, wait, its ok now. i just got a warm fuzzy. :awesomework:

i don't know about anybody else,but when i go out to meet new people i always start with hey i'm kyle.It works pretty well people understand it.try it it works.:awesomework:

:hi: TJ, I knew who u were, but was busy pickin my nose and puttin cheese on the burgers :D

Cody can be antisocial if he's not drinking. But if he's drinking, watch out, he might try and hump you or show you his boobies. :;

Seriously though. Next time, speak up. I had my name on my shirt, if you'd have just said hi, I'd have talked to you. I didn't really know who you were til we saw you walk away to your truck and I saw Ashes 4 runner.

i don't know about anybody else,but when i go out to meet new people i always start with hey i'm kyle.It works pretty well people understand it.try it it works.:awesomework:

My only problem at the cleanup was i had only got 3 hrs of sleep i was still half asleep when i showed up:looser: I was the gomer with generator and tv that was rolling around with Drain Bramage, and lethe, My name is Arenn and Mrs.Crash thanx again for watching over my stuff:kiss:

:hi: TJ, I knew who u were, but was busy pickin my nose and puttin cheese on the burgers :D

same here except i was handing people burgers and picking cody's nose:redneck:

You are different. You don't deserve warm fuzzies :fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

he would rather us pass him a doobie or somthing bahahaha:fawkdancesmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.