• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter "Trails' this Sat.

it was on my front axle. he cut the knuckles, shock mounts, and spring perches off and rotated the housing so the pinion pointed at my t-case.

trust me. you don't want centralgrand to take pictures. it'll get him stuck :haha: :haha: I'LL be sure to take a lot of pictures though :redneck:

FordFrk06 said:
it was on my front axle. he cut the knuckles, shock mounts, and spring perches off and rotated the housing so the pinion pointed at my t-case.

??? you had him do all that work ????? and NOW YOU DONT TRUST HIM TO FIX
A HOLE ?????? how big of a hole is it ??? is it a pin hole in the welds thats leaking ??
and did you supply NEW spring perches, and new shock mounts to put back on ,, or did you have him reuse your old stuff ????

i would have him fix the hole

So we went up, and got ditched, after this happend to us.

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

We lost the spring bolt, and couldn't find the nut, and the shackle was bent, so we couldn't get the bolt through enough to hold, so we did it this way. Got us off the top of Izzy. Thank goodness for hardened ratchets. BTW, I had a blast, and enjoyed wheeling with everybody.

sorry about that man. after i noticed you weren't behind me i stopped for about 20 min and then walked a couple hundred yards back and i still didn't see ya, so i figured you'd had just turned around. when did it happen? i didn't walk all the way back to where i saw you last and i probably should have, so definatly sorry about that man. i enjoyed wheeling with everyone today, you are all good people! and sorry about having to call you so late. we were weighing what options we had to get my rig home. god damn radiator, that thing is BRAND NEW :mad: :mad: . we eventually called AAA and got a nice 600 dollar tow back home for free :D . best news i heard all day! those we some insane trails today and i'll get what pictures and videos mike and i got sometime soon. but now i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed sleep.

sorry again about not going all the way down to try and find ya. glad to see you got it working and yes...trail fix of the year man :clappy: :clappy:

Not a prob. I should have a Hi-lift anyway, I should not wheel without all the essentials. I had a great time, and it would be fun wheeling with you guys again.

JPTHING said:
I should have a Hi-lift anyway,

and a CB... Although to be fair, one of the first rules of the trail I ever learned when travelling in groups is to always keep the rig behind you in sight - I should have iterated that at some point.

Anyway, glad you made it down safe and whole. Hope to see you out there again some time.

JPTHING said:
Not a prob. I should have a Hi-lift anyway, I should not wheel without all the essentials. I had a great time, and it would be fun wheeling with you guys again.

Hell, I thought you got bored and left us honestly :D Hey, my bro-in-law REALLY apreciated the help! :hi: Good times, I will be up there again this summer for sure.

Thats what we old bike rides call a true cbmma fix.

C - Cheap
B - Bastards
M - Motorcycle
M - Maintenance
A - Association

Glad to hear everyone got off safe, and in general, one piece.

i had to have mine towed home cause i cracked the radiator. i also bent the tie rod and ripped off some moulding on the side. all in all though it was really fun. luckily i bought the lifetime warranty on the radiator seeing as how its only 3 weeks old. they don't need to know i cracked it wheeling :redneck:

i had a blast up there too. Thanks again for all the help Clint, i really appreciate it. I have most of the water flushed out of my engine now (2 gallons of chocolate milk were in my oil pan...), and i will be flushing the cooling system, diffs, transmission, and transfer case tonight. then off to the stealership so they can warranty the clutch fan!

(oh, and i smashed my oil pan at some point, and bent back the front of my t-case skid)

Jeeps are not submarines...... :mad: