• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Trip Report 11/3

YotaDude1997

I went out to wheel New Reiter for the first time in 4 years. Old Reiter closed down Nov '09. What's done is done.......back to the trip report.

There were 20 or so of us (all ORV) out there, along with hikers/climbers/wanderers. The 4x4 area has a couple hours worth of trail; if you wheel like we do. The (large) rocks are round and have some traction. I LOVE that there is no mud/muck/mess. Everything one needs to have fun is there. Open your eyes, broaden your view. Pick a line, drive it, then pick a different line. A level perspective and appropriate expectations are a MUST. "It" is what you make of it.

My Samurai is "hurt" so my ability to push the limits was diminished. So.... Chris (bigdog) let me drive his buggy through every gate-keeper/obstacle/trail. Took about an hour, I got stuck twice. Good fun stuff.

Next season, after more trail has been finished, a trip will be worthy. Or.....don't wait and show your support now.

See ya'll at Reiter.

MM

I went out to wheel New Reiter for the first time in 4 years. Old Reiter closed down Nov '09. What's done is done.......back to the trip report.

There were 20 or so of us (all ORV) out there, along with hikers/climbers/wanderers. The 4x4 area has a couple hours worth of trail; if you wheel like we do. The (large) rocks are round and have some traction. I LOVE that there is no mud/muck/mess. Everything one needs to have fun is there. Open your eyes, broaden your view. Pick a line, drive it, then pick a different line. A level perspective and appropriate expectations are a MUST. "It" is what you make of it.

My Samurai is "hurt" so my ability to push the limits was diminished. So.... Chris (bigdog) let me drive his buggy through every gate-keeper/obstacle/trail. Took about an hour, I got stuck twice. Good fun stuff.

Next season, after more trail has been finished, a trip will be worthy. Or.....don't wait and show your support now.

See ya'll at Reiter.

MM

Nice to see ya again Mark--been a spell and glad you came out and saw that we aint just all talk/hype on what has been going on.

You too Mike. When do I get to drive yours? :redneck: I'm gentle.....

Yesterday, I volunteered to be a gate operator. As time allows, I plan to man the gate one weekend a month during these coming winter months.

Reiter Foothills ORV in the snow:clappy:

You don't wanna drive mine--its a worn out clunker :haha:

Ya I cannot wait for some snow :awesomework: