• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reman 22RE Recommendations?

XO FAB

I need to buy a Reman 22RE for a customer of mine. Anyone had good luck with any places? I haven't bought one of these in a few years so wanted to get peoples opinions. Being that I have to stand behind this engine I want to make sure im not buying junk that will start knocking in 10K miles. There are several builders on Craigslist, but some prices seem to good to be true. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Patrick (trainwreck) all the way. He builds some of the best toyota engines around. He is a few bucks more than the craigs list goobers.

He uses toyota parts and gaskets anywhere he can. He is very knowledgeable about little things that most builders miss.

Im sure others here will back me up. Lots of folks here run hos engines.

I need to buy a Reman 22RE for a customer of mine. Anyone had good luck with any places? I haven't bought one of these in a few years so wanted to get peoples opinions. Being that I have to stand behind this engine I want to make sure im not buying junk that will start knocking in 10K miles. There are several builders on Craigslist, but some prices seem to good to be true. Any info would be great. Thanks!

I have a 22re rebuilt to LC eng specs, .030 bore, Keith Black pistons,block was align bored,balanced, and blueprinted. Head has,port match,polish oversized valves,dual high rev springs, nwor torque cam. all toy gaskets and seals 8k since rebuild. come hear it run.... I will pull it off the trailer if ya want to drive/buy cost me almost 4g yours for 2g.
Brent

Patrick (trainwreck) all the way. He builds some of the best toyota engines around. He is a few bucks more than the craigs list goobers.

He uses toyota parts and gaskets anywhere he can. He is very knowledgeable about little things that most builders miss.

Im sure others here will back me up. Lots of folks here run hos engines.

I have already talked with him, but he dosent have any motors currently and he said he is too busy to build one for awhile.

I have a 22re rebuilt to LC eng specs, .030 bore, Keith Black pistons,block was align bored,balanced, and blueprinted. Head has,port match,polish oversized valves,dual high rev springs, nwor torque cam. all toy gaskets and seals 8k since rebuild. come hear it run.... I will pull it off the trailer if ya want to drive/buy cost me almost 4g yours for 2g.
Brent

Thanks for the offer, but this is going in a stock truck so thats a little out of budget for owner.

Patrick.....
Although there is a company in Spokane that I did a swap for Unclestripey's dad...turned out to be a nice motor. I can't remember the name, but have the name at home--I'll post up tonight with the info.

Patrick.....
Although there is a company in Spokane that I did a swap for Unclestripey's dad...turned out to be a nice motor. I can't remember the name, but have the name at home--I'll post up tonight with the info.

As long as it isn't Ram Engines!!!!!if it is pm me and i'll clue ya in!!!:puke:

Im assuming you guys are talking about a place called Sun west Engines. They are in Medical Lake. They are posted up on Craigslist also. Seems like they have good engines from talking to them. There are a couple local places that Im trying to look into currently that stock these engines. One is Japanese Engine in Tacoma and the other is A one Engine in Kent.